New Chinese Belt

Review your chastity belt!
curiousprincess
Sex: Female

New Chinese Belt

Post by curiousprincess »

First Post :) Been a long time lurker!

I've been toying with the idea of buying a Chinese belt to see if chastity is something I will actually be into, without having to drop $$ for a MySteel.

Anyone have experience with https://www.dhgate.com/product/m147-new ... iew-1-null

I like how it seems to be hip style, rather than waist.

Thoughts?
Wendy
Sex: Belted Girl

Re: New Chinese Belt

Post by Wendy »

Hi curiousprincess =^.^=

Before getting my current My-Steel belt, I had a Chinese belt. Not exactly the same as in your link, but similar, with anal hole.
I often had it on the waist, and sometimes on the hips. To be short: the hipstyle is less hindering movements, but it is more painful on hipbones and less secure.
I precise my pelvis is skinny, and it would work better if I had more fat on my hips.
Retired chastity expert. You can find advice for newbies on my blog: https://wendywarrior-battlefield.blogsp ... dvice.html
molly

Post by molly »

My answer really depends on why you will be in a belt and for how long. For being occasionally belted for sexy times is one thing, being in a belt 24/7 for years to come is another thing.

I've worn many chinese belts over the years and I'm going to have to say I was disappointed with all of them, mostly in quality and workmanship, though I was wearing them 24/7 I'm also a runner and run every morning so I'm very hard on belts in general. Wendy is correct that hip belts allow for more range of motion than waist belts but I can't wear them well (I have one) because I have typical japanese figure and my hips are slim and the outer edges of my hip bones are straight not curved. When I wore a hip belt it had to be wrenched so tight for it to stay put and that caused a lot of bruising and pain at first, eventually cutting into my flesh.

Wearing so many chinese belts over the years was good for my husband and I because when he designed the belt I'm wearing now, he incorporated all the fit and comfort concerns I had with those belts in his design. While my current belt is much thicker and more rigid, I have very good range of motion and can run every day without any pain. I'm also very used to being belted though and that's part of it I'm sure.

Chinese belts have many adjustments which is nice but every joint can wear out over time. The heads of the screws can strip, the holes they go through elongate, and the silicone liners wear out. You have to do belt maintenance with those and that's fine but it's something to be aware of.

If you're looking to resist being locked up, most chinese belts are easily thwarted. The padlocks are easily picked, the screws easily removed, and the stainless is thin enough it can be cut or torn without too much effort. Resistance was always part of my husband's and my belt play, which is why he designed this belt with minimal joints that are very heavy duty, the stainless is very thick for a belt, and various other things which make my removing my belt on my own that much more difficult. It's at least more difficult than my willingness to apply effort I guess would be the right way to say it.
Wendy
Sex: Belted Girl

Post by Wendy »

molly wrote:My answer really depends on why you will be in a belt and for how long. For being occasionally belted for sexy times is one thing, being in a belt 24/7 for years to come is another thing.
I agree! molly is a chastity expert (as I am), and her message sums up what I could have said.

However, I have been happy with Chinese belts. My-Steel is clearly better, but for a start, I still advise you a Chinese one.
Retired chastity expert. You can find advice for newbies on my blog: https://wendywarrior-battlefield.blogsp ... dvice.html
curiousprincess

Post by curiousprincess »

Thank you both for your replies! As of right now, it is taking the plunge after being very curious for 10+ years of what it would actually be like. Definitely not 24/7 in my foreseeable future. Luckily I have a very kinky partner and he has opened my world to a bunch of new things, this is new for him. It will be different for him not having instant access whenever he wants. But he's supportive and interested to see where it goes. I am still on the fence about the Chinese belt, or now if I should spend a few hundred $ for the Fancy Steel hybrid belt or just take the full plunge in a few months and buy a custom belt...
molly

Post by molly »

You're welcome.

I wasn't trying to steer you away from a chinese belt - only identify potential issues. My first several belts were of that kind. They're a great way to get started without making a serious investment. You might feel bad if you ended up not liking being belted and end up throwing away a $100 belt. You probably would feel a lot worse throwing away a $400 belt or one even more expensive than that.

The reason why the chinese belts ultimately didn't work for me mostly came from my being a serious runner. I happen to be of tiny stature and my running stride is much larger than would be typical for women of my height, which means I'm putting a lot more stress on my belt than others would. Also, I wore my belts very tight in the beginning and the tighter they are the higher the base or continuous stress on the belt will be. Then add running with an disproportionately longer than average stride. The belt had no chance.

Wendy is also an athlete (swimmer). The movements for swimming are very different than running. I propel myself by putting one foot forward, touching the ground, and gaining traction to pull myself forward, pass the midpoint, then continue to push myself forward until my other foot touches the ground in front of me. The leg movements of swimming are very different and much smaller in range, though not in strength. Wendy's belt also has the advantage that her belt is in the middle of all her swimming motions because she's using her upper body and her lower body to move herself through the water. The middle takes less of a "hit" so to speak. Even though my belt is around my waist just as hers, my belt is more towards the end of my motions because runners mostly use their legs to move, not their arms. Our arms and torsos move for balance, but not power and propulsion. That means my belt is at the end of my movements, not in the middle, thus it takes more abuse with my sport.

I'm not comparing swimming to running as which is better. I'm only trying to suggest that her and my sports are different enough that our belts have different opportunities to be durable, just because the movements are so different. I think this is a big part of why Wendy's belts have lasted much longer than mine every did. I had a lot of problems with the screws in the joints pulling through the holes. Rivets lasted longer but also pulled through eventually. Ultimately, my husband designed a custom, non-adjustable belt out of much thicker stainless, and because of that it won't fall apart no matter how hard I run. The drawback of this belt is because it has absolutely no give whatsoever, it does limit my range of motion a little bit and that in turn has made me slightly slower when I run because it has the effect of shortening my stride slightly. It's also much heavier and carrying around all that weight while running does tire me out a little faster than a chinese belt that's much lighter. Different strokes for different folks, right? :)

The biggest advantage of a chinese belt are all those joints I'm complaining about. See, all those joints means you can undo the screws and resize it in all sorts of ways, until you get the fit that's best for you and your body. You can even drill intermediate holes between the existing holes to be able to make finer adjustments if you like. You can modify the locking system as Pyra demonstrated on her blog (on this website) and make it more secure if you want.

I wasn't trying to paint the picture that they're terrible belts. They didn't work for me mostly because I'm a serious runner.

molly
gotsteel
Sex: Male

Post by gotsteel »

curiousprincess wrote: I am still on the fence about the Chinese belt, or now if I should spend a few hundred $ for the Fancy Steel hybrid belt or just take the full plunge in a few months and buy a custom belt...
So if you weren't sure I'd say try a chinese belt but having been into this for 10 years, I'd say just start with a good belt. That said, you'll either need to be measured by a manufacturer or get a belt that's highly adjustable like some of fancysteels products.
curiousprincess wrote:Thank you both for your replies! As of right now, it is taking the plunge after being very curious for 10+ years of what it would actually be like. Definitely not 24/7 in my foreseeable future. Luckily I have a very kinky partner and he has opened my world to a bunch of new things, this is new for him. It will be different for him not having instant access whenever he wants. But he's supportive and interested to see where it goes.
So one thing about this, there are a number of different ways to do chastity. Some are conducive to relationships and others not so much. We've had a couple of women here who's significant others had to sit them down and have an intervention to get laid. Short story there are ways for you to have a fulfilling chastity experience and for him to have access whenever he wants. Orgasm denial being the simplest but there are even numbing creme's if that level of denial is important to you.