Sex: Female

What do we mean by high security belts?

Post by Lizza1 »

What do we really mean when we talk about "high security belts or locks"

Do we mean the lock cant be picked?
The belt cannot be cut off?
The belt is high security?
Who's security are we speaking off?
The wearer, or another person cant get it off us etc etc?
The lock is so called "high security"?

Someone please lets define "High Security"

Lizza
fitherin
Sex: Male

Re: What do we mean by high security belts?

Post by fitherin »

Good Question Lizza
I am sure we all have our own ideas of what is secure. I too look forward to reading all the answers.
Do you have a particular item you want defeating and this is your polite way of asking for help
:shock:
Yes I look forward to reading the forum members ideas? I myself have pondered this question.
S
Lizza1

Post by Lizza1 »

Noooooo not really fitherin.My experiments are now over"having virtually totally destroyed the so called locking post.I have re grooved it now twice, I am running out of metal!!I wont be going to my local engineering shop to make or get one made.The brass locking block? (pyra says it is brass, who am I to argue)is also heavily worn.It's been interesting though,but probably only to me.

I did try and get a new parts from chastity babes but he messed me around and in spite of knowing he DOES have some spare parts he wouldn't help me.Now the SKUNK I bought the belt from on ebay is ignoring my email about getting new liners, they are all shot up to!Must be inferior rubber, cos its kind of changed into very soft easily split junk.I think that may be a problem we all face, where to buy new liners?

I am now finished with trying to make it almost inescapable,and I have reluctantly had to accept its back to a simple key.

you are the only reply to this topic so far, plenty of reads but hardly any replies,time will tell.
lizza
dashingdarla

Post by dashingdarla »

In the security industry, a “high security lock” is any lock that provides increased resistance to compromise. Typical features:
  • Restrictive keyways. Using complex and paracentric keyways to frustrate attacks and maneuver tools within the lock.
  • Key control. Duplication is difficult and limited and possibly patented where Home Depot and hardware stores would not have the ability to duplicate keys, or copy impressions of keys.
  • Key differs. More secure locks have more possible combinations in the tumblers to reduce the effectiveness of trying random keys.
  • Manipulation resistance. Designed to resist impressioning and key bumping. Security pins is an example of a manipulation resistance feature.
  • Destructive/forced entry resistance.
  • High manufacturing tolerances. Higher tolerances make the lock more difficult to pick/bump because it’s more difficult to bind pins in the lock with partially twisting it while manipulating the mechanism.
It’s all about increasing the time it takes to do so by making it as difficult as possible, often by having multiple layers.

Banks have a vault. That vault has a foot-thick 2500lb door with multiple hardened steel pins. That door has a time lock that can only be bypassed with two differently-keyed keys operated simultaneously. In front of that door is a hardened alloy steel gate. In front of the gate is at least one armed security guard. Above his head there are security cameras.

Each measure of security protecting a bank vault is easily defeated by itself, but the collective of measures make it exponentially more difficult to break in.

Conceptually, chastity belts can be treated with the same concept. Locks can be hardened, pick/bump resistant, shrouded, use oddly shaped and difficult to copy/simulate keys, etc. The attachment points of the lock hardware should be covered by the lock when engaged to prevent drilling, grinding, cutting. The materials of the belt can be stronger, more resilient to cutting.

A very good way to make belts cut-resistant (though more difficult to make) is to combine materials when making the belt, so that cutting tools might penetrate one layer, but grind themselves to a pulp on the next layer.
Thicker materials will thwart scissors, aviation snips, and tools of a similar ilk.

As with any mechanism, they wear out in time. My husband’s belt is wearing down as well, and part of this has to do with the “slop” in the locking/fastening system that was part of the belt design. With all the wear his belt has currently, the crotch strap is no longer required to remain at a true 90 degrees from the waist belt. Fastened, there’s easily 5 degrees of slop at this point and as that increases, the wear increases, and eventually it won’t hold together anymore.

His liner is also completely worn through and getting a replacement from the Chinese company I purchased it from hasn’t worked out at all. Neither has contacting other companies who offer the same belt. What I will be doing is spraying the inside of the belt with an industrial coating such as plastic-dip or other DIY tool-handle coating material.
Kellymac3

Post by Kellymac3 »

My personal opinion, any belt could be removed, given time and tools.

I wear my belt as a promise to my hub, KH. I'm not really trying to defeat it, I willingly wear it.
So to me security isn't an important issue. Heck he could leave my lock undone and just wrap it in tissue paper. If he came home and found the paper gone, I'd feel awful.

Sorry Lizza, prob doesn't help you but you wanted replies....
K
Lizza1

FINALLY a source of belt spares or supplies!

Post by Lizza1 »

many thanks to Leo_T for telling me about this.
Please credit her for the link.

ttp://www.fetisch-felix.de/shop/produc ... shape.html

there you are SPARES, yes SPARES!!! longggggggggggg overdue

not so sure about the centre liner thats bound to be different for all belts ....................I assume?

Lizza
Lizza1

Post by Lizza1 »

AS usual interesting what darling dash says, its all true to.

i am not sure what my belt is actually made of?I thought was made of 18/8 stainless, now I am not so sure.

I cut a VERY small sample, i cut it JUST about with my rock hard chrome vanadium "snap on" straight cutters.It was not easy. I do NOT advise it when being worn.
I could feel the metal crunching through the contact with the cutters, and i had be to very careful not to deviate from a straight line, any deviation and NO WAY could i cut it! It must be due the chrome or nickel content in the alloy.Almost certainly the Ni was to blame.

WARNING
If you ever do get stuck and think about using a grinder (god forbid) be aware that stainless has a VERY high conductivity and the heat transfer is extremely rapid and you may well get burned caused by the friction and conductivity, quite apart you are probably risking your life with a disk grinder so near your body.

Of course you could always use a hand held PLASMA cutter with a gas mixture!! But a person could never survive that in my opinion, so the moral is NEVER EVER lock your self, or be locked in a belt to that extent.

I dont "wiki" my knowledge of metals, I learned it as part of my core studies at college in 1994.

As pyra says a "dremel is your best friend" if you have a 100 mini cutters for my belt!!
Lizza
dashingdarla

Post by dashingdarla »

Kellymac3 wrote:I wear my belt as a promise to my hub, KH. I'm not really trying to defeat it, I willingly wear it.
The same with my husband. I could forgo the locks entirely and use a pair of paperclips and he'll stay in it. The locks are more of a symbol than anything else.[/quote]
Lizza1 wrote:i am not sure what my belt is actually made of?I thought was made of 18/8 stainless, now I am not so sure.
You can take the scrap you cut off and test it using these four methods, which will give you at least a strong clue what material it is:

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/ident ... d_383.html
Lizza1 wrote:quite apart you are probably risking your life with a disk grinder so near your body.
That would be true if you don't know how to do it safely. I've cut metal devices off human beings with an angle grinder before without issue. Here is how I do it.

I take a 1/8" thick mild steel flat and curve it slightly with a mallot. I then grind one end a bit so it's not sharp per se, but not 1/8" thick either. I then slip the slightly curved piece I just made between what I'm going to cut and the person's body, then make the cut with an angle grinder. I use an air grinder which allows me to use far smaller diameter cut-off wheels, 2" and 3", giving me more control because the drag on what I'm cutting is far less, and because air grinders have far less "kick" than electric ones. One should make small cuts by tapping rather than plunging.

Tapping to make cuts reduces the heat production of each partial cut, and the flat acts as an insulator between that and the body. The reason for the curve is to ensure the glowing red and yellow chips that fly off are redirected away from the person's skin for their safety.

You can use the same idea to close stainless steel ankle bands with a tig-welder. I've done that too.
Lizza1

Post by Lizza1 »

fairly said and all the details!!

are not belts, all belts just about two main things

an anti sex device
an anti masturbation device, isn't it just as simple as that?

Lizza
dashingdarla

Post by dashingdarla »

I think for the most part, yes. Chastity belts are an anti-sex, anti-masturbation device.