Measuring?

Discuss female chastity and chastity belts
babydoll28
Sex: Female

Measuring?

Post by babydoll28 »

So i have been poking around a bit and looking at sites and seeing of course the profile pictures here and while i debate back and forth about whether or not to buy a custom belt i notice how tight the waist band seems to be, in quite a few pictures a more fleshy girl like me will have a definite amount squished in, some pictures it looked like it is several inches. So my question is, are these belts that are custom made and why are they so tight on the waist? Is that healthy? How do you hide that miss shaped dent in around your waist. Is there pressure on your spine?

If i do order something custom will they make it to the measurements I give or will they make the belt several inches smaller than my measurements?

What about weight fluctuations? I mean my weight goes up and down about 10lbs each month with my cycle which also comes with bloating etc. I know you are supposed to measure over so many days and at different times but I just can't imagine being 24/7 with something that tight. I suppose a corset would cover this dent and give a more gentle silhouette but that would still cause pinching wouldn't it?

Lastly what position do you find works best for sleep and even sitting? In the current inexpensive belt I find sitting to be uncomfortable because of my waist and how it forces my posture to be good, which is fine and dandy until i want to read a book or snuggle on the couch, then i find I pretty well have to lay down. I find sleeping on my back with a pillow or two under my knees really helps me but I struggle to keep the belt on for twenty four hours, especially when I need to be sitting.

I want to go custom because I want to be as comfortable as possible but i know that my belly wont be able to handle that amount of restriction... even wearing jeans and sitting all day causes me to hurt inside.

I would love to be in chastity 24/7 for my own safety and of course to prevent me from doing anything that I am not allowed to do without permission. I just don't want to feel like it is a punishment when it is something I am willingly wanting to do.

Also, the belts that go straight around versus the newer design that goes down in the front, is their a recommendation as to which is best for long term wear? Oh, and my belt, whether it is premade or custom will always have the hardened thing to prevent any anal stimulation or penetration, especially from rape. My current belt doesnt have that as tight as it looks in so many pictures and I am able to clean up with little difficulty. The thing doesn't hide between my cheeks, will a custom belt have that right up against me and is that painful or hard to get used to?

Thanks everyone!
dashingdarla

Re: Measuring?

Post by dashingdarla »

I belted my husband this past August with a chinese-made stainless belt. It's adjustable in length and girth, and I made daily adjustments the first several days.

At the end of every month, I then adjust the waistband to be one size smaller, which removes 1/2". The end of February will be the last adjustment, for a total reduction of 3" from how I sized it originally.

The reason for the slow, gradual change is to give his body a chance to adapt without serious issues. This is a technique I drew from the corsetting/tightlacing community, where waist training is done the very same way - small reductions over time.

As long as the belt doesn't push on the spine, there isn't any issue back there. At the current settings, my husband said the belt doesn't push on his spine at all. The waistband of the belt has a natural desire to be a circle rather than the necessary oval shape (most people have a larger side to side waist measurement than a forward/back waist measurement) so that by itself keeps pressure off his spine.

If your weight/shape fluctuates enough you will need the belt to be adjustable. One method of determining how comfortable you will be is to buy an ordinary men's belt and wear it around your waist for a few days, directly on your skin beneath your clothes. You can adjust the belt (poking holes if you need to) to size it correctly. After a few days, make it a little tighter, make it a little looser, whatever you would like until you find it to be very comfortable yet remains where you put it. That measurement would be very close to your ideal.

Plus, you can see how you like wearing a belt overnight or for long periods of time before you make the investment of a chastity belt, custom or not.
fitherin
Sex: Male

Post by fitherin »

quoted from article by,BABYDOLL

SLIGHTLY REARRANGED to include answers

“While I debate back and forth about whether or not to buy a custom belt I notice how tight the waist band seems to be, in quite a few pictures a fleshier girl like me will have a definite amount squished in, some pictures it looked like it is several inches”
You are referring to squashing fat rather than the muscles of your stomach walls
my question
1] As these belts that are custom made and why are they so tight on the waist?
They are tight to stop them slipping down or the wearer working the belt lower to access restricted areas.
2] Is that healthy?
A belt that is to tight can be unhealthy, as can tight panty hose or a wrist watch. Your key holder should be mindful of there part of the process and check your circulation and skin colour and texture!
3] How do you hide that miss shaped dent in around your waist. Is there pressure on your spine?
I posted before on hiding in plain sight, and got a few more good suggestions from other forum members, Of course a lot depends on where you need to go belted as to what you can wear. A long slip body coloured with its waist band tucked in, inside, below the waist band of your CB and then draped down over the outside will hide the top edge of the belt if skirt or jeans waist band slips down. Of course if you have THIGH BANDS ALSO then you have a problem hiding all edges

4] If I do order something custom will they make it to the measurements I give?
If they make it any other size then it is NOT what you ordered and they would have to rectify error
5] Will they make the belt several inches smaller than my measurements?
If they make it any other size then it is NOT what you ordered and they would have to rectify error
6] What about weight fluctuations? IE my weight goes up and down about 10lbs each month with my cycle which also comes with bloating etc. I know you are supposed to measure over so many days and at different times but I just can't imagine being 24/7 with something that tight.
I believe someone else just suggested best way to measure for this!
7] Would a corset would cover this dent and give a more gentle silhouette?
Yes, but with reservations as it would squash other areas and displace fat into places might make profile look strange.
Or would that cause pinching ?
Yes, make it even harder to bend down to carry out daily tasks /driving
8] What position do you find works best for sleep?
When I am belted I sleep on my side[s] and put a small pillow between my knees to stop shield digging into my groin area! Plus the rear cable anchor sticks out slightly and as I have a hard mattress it tends to make me roll over!
9] Sitting?
High back chair or sofa and sit upright, for driving sit base of bottom right back in car seat and sit bolt up right
Note In the current inexpensive belt I find sitting to be uncomfortable because of my waist and how it forces my posture to be good, which is fine and dandy until i want to read a book or snuggle on the couch, then i find I pretty well have to lay down. I find sleeping on my back with a pillow or two under my knees really helps me but I struggle to keep the belt on for twenty four hours, especially when I need to be sitting.

I want to go custom because I want to be as comfortable as possible but i know that my belly wont be able to handle that amount of restriction... even wearing jeans and sitting all day causes me to hurt inside.
Take a good look at the ergomomic belts,
A] The waist band sits on the tops of hips, the front and rear of the waist band drops low over belly and rear waist.
B] BIG PLUS of this design, because the waist band is lower at front and back the crotch band/ strap/rear thong are of course shorter. So when you bend MORE of your spine is above the waist band giving you more flexibility to sit/recline/bend
C] Front waist sits lower on stomach so maybe squishes less flesh?

I would love to be in chastity 24/7 for my own safety and of course to prevent me from doing anything that I am not allowed to without permission.
Chastity should be fun not a punishment when it is something I am willingly, wanting to do.
Also, the belts that go straight around versus the newer design that goes down in the front, is their a recommendation as to which is best for long term wear?

SEE A] B] C] above

Oh, and my belt, whether it is premade or custom will always have the hardened thing to prevent any anal stimulation or penetration, especially from rape.
WHILST I can understand the need to prevent rape in either front or back passage, A steel shield front and as little as a rear thong rear would deter even a serious attempt because it would be extremely difficult to hold the steel thong aside, The rear thongs fit a lot CLOSER to your body and well in between your cheeks provided your measurements are accurate.
, hold a person immobile and coordinate body functions without injury to the rapists private parts. However for peace of mind it may be possible to order a secondary shield with the necessary extra locks for when you have to go to high risk areas. Of course your KH might like to make you wear it at his discretion.

My current belt doesn’t have that as tight as it looks in so many pictures and I am able to clean up with little difficulty.
I assume your meaning a rear strap with an EYE for toilet visits
The thing doesn't hide between my cheeks,
See article on Forum by NTY who has reworked the shape of the eye on her current belt that sounds like your belt
will a custom belt have that right up against me and is that painful or hard to get used to? See article on Forum by NTY who has reworked the shape of the eye on her current belt that sounds like your belt, she included photos and advice on how to reshape
Note
All the above answers are my own personal opinions and are by no means the correct or only answers.
Last edited by fitherin on 05 Feb 2014, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.
gotsteel

Post by gotsteel »

"If they make it any other size then it is NOT what you ordered and they would have to rectify error"

I've seen threads which make me think it's not that simple. With the hip belts (which she should get) none of the measurements on the belt will be what you gave. The waist band will be longer because it slopes and the crotch portion will be shorter because the waist band slopes to it. They're putting the measurements you gave into autocad and determining how the belt should go based on that.

Which means that unless they REALLY misentered something how would you demonstrate that the issue was on their end? It's not like you can hold a measuring tape up to the belt and check.
babydoll28

Post by babydoll28 »

Thanks for the tips and information. I wish the sites that sell/produce these would give better descriptions of fit and exactly what to expect instead of a few pictures and a way to order... i could spend hours on the phone trying to figure everything out only to say no thanks... :(
fitherin

Post by fitherin »

You have our sympathy
The best but not the cheapest way is to actually visit the makers in person, with what you are saying about bloating I guess you would have to take a set of waist sizes every day for couple of months to get an average, Take the figures with you and show them where YOU were measuring.
Once you have decided on possible makers work out if it is possible "cost effective " to arrange a date and cost of travel. Ideally arrive day before if flying to allow for delays in bound, stop overnight and sightsee and check location of seller. Get measured next day before flying home to wait for belt being made
Chastity belts are not cheap, getting them right so they fit can be more expensive initially but once on and RIGHT you should get years of un interupted wearing, suggestion ORDER spare liner to come with your belt, If yours wears out you already have the bits to replace it with and will not have to pay carriage TWICE!
I was lucky belt makers were only 100 miles away by road. I was able to drive down to be measured and place order, Drive down get it fitted before paying balance 4 Weeks later.
The majority of makers are on mainland Europe. None that I am aware of in UK anymore. U.S.A ? DONT KNOW
Your profile does not give a country [Like so many others on here!!!!!!!] I can only guess your in the US. It would help people understand the distances involved if ALL profiles showed MINIMUM of state / Country
babydoll28

Post by babydoll28 »

I am in Canada. I would love it if I had someone close by to be able to make it perfect for me! lol maybe we have some in-the-closet chastity-belt-makers close by? ;)
gotsteel

Post by gotsteel »

Seems like some manage to get it right but I wouldn't have been one of them. Chastity certainly seems to be more popular in countries with belt makers and I was pretty excited when a manufacturer opened in NH, unfortunately they were made of terrible.

As for Canada...there was a chastity device maker (not belt?) in Montreal who was asking for female test subjects.
http://www.steelwerksextreme.com/female-chastity

Here's the ad https://fetlife.com/groups/204/group_posts/3586277
virginitysaving

Post by virginitysaving »

babydoll28 wrote: lol maybe we have some in-the-closet chastity-belt-makers close by? ;)
Actually nobody.
fitherin

Post by fitherin »

No belt maker on your doorstep. My sympathies.
WORLDWIDE
The problem is not that there are no wearers available, or makers, its the distribution of both over vast continents,10.000 of miles
Strangley enough there "appear to be" clusters of makers in Europe but not USA.
Tobbe is working with Pyra on his Lock on her back project from his lair in the Northern part of scandinavia.
Iron Fetish wear from Italy.
Any belt maker thinking of starting up in business and wanting an ideal location?
Where would they locate the factory
Where would they find willing type fit models
How can they tell where the prospective clients are to be found
VERY FEW members on [this] site state which country they live in, Maybee not proud of their natation
VERY FEW members on [this] site state which county or state they live in, Maybee not proud of their locale.
So If you want a handy belt maker living near you make an effort and tell them at least that you exsist in??????? country and maybe just maybe you will be the lucky one.
In the mean time the internet is the way forward with BUY IT NOW on line and modify it your selves, My personal opinion sorry! :o