My-steel belt doesn't fit out of the box

Discuss female chastity and chastity belts
Turtle
Sex: No, I am belted

My-steel belt doesn't fit out of the box

Post by Turtle »

Ordered a my-steel belt and it doesn't fit, even with the adjustable features. It's too small. Quite a pickle. Expensive one at that.

Basically I went to Germany and got measured in person by my-steel for a waist-style ergonomic cable belt. Two months later (shipping took a looong time), the belt finally arrives in the USA. Immediately when I opened the box it already did not look like it would fit; the front plate looks too short. It reminds me of a hip belt. From the pictures I've seen generally the plate has to go up a long way to reach the lady's navel. I hope that's clear.

First of all, yes, it could definitely be a weight gain problem. I'm pretty sure I must have gained about 20 pounds over the last two months, a lot of it probably in my gut since my butt can't get any bigger. I'm about 150 lbs right now, average weight for me is about 130. I can get to 115 but thats on a pretty lean diet with lots of running. After I got measured I went to stay with my family who haven't seen me in years and they proceeded to supply me with cakes, cookies, ice cream and fried chicken. Funny thing is, people (not just my family who tend to carry around extra) still tell me I look too skinny even after eating all this garbage food for two months. Its really not true!

But...I still feel like it looks like a hip belt. I know it doesn't sound logical but when I went there to get measured the woman was rather pushy about trying to sell me a hip belt. I have big hips and I don't find that style comfortable even if it is more flexible. Also when they emailed me the invoice there was a lot of mistakes and I had to email them back to have it corrected.

The thing is, I can always cut back on the donuts, but I can't lose weight over night, and I don't think its a good idea to complain 6 months from now if it really never was the right size to begin with. So I need some second opinions. I don't know if it helps but I've included some pictures of the belt. Getting a selfie of how it looks on me has been tough so I don't have one for that.

msknight
Sex: Female

Re: My-steel belt doesn't fit out of the box

Post by msknight »

I am due to be with them on the 10th of October to be measured and make a purchase ... any further information you have would be extremely useful to me.

I've had a look at your profile. Being in the USA, I'm not sure what you're rights are.

Do you think there was a language problem? You say that you were pushed to buy a hip belt. I can understand, given what you say, why they recommended a hip belt ... but that does look like a waist belt to me.

Can you tell us more? Do you think that this is a weight problem, or is the belt completely the wrong size? Like you say, 20lb is a fair amount of weight to put on over a short time period. Forgive me if this sounds improper, but are you tall please?
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

I'm about 5'4". I'm not tall at all. I certainly hope the problem is that I am too fat. That's easier than having to deal with something across the pond. Also first time with a non-leather belt. That's why I went to get measured. No way I'd get it right by myself.

I don't speak any German, which doesn't help, but mostly they were confused by the fact that I'm a female-to-male transsexual. So I have a biological fanny but I present as male. They kept knocking me for wanting the waist style saying that is the "traditional female style." Definitely did not care for that attitude. I'm already buying a female belt, how high or low the waistband is, isn't going to affect my ego.
msknight

Post by msknight »

FTM - I understand.

German attitude is different; you get used it :-) But that doesn't help when you're already sensitive to words anyway.

If you put the belt on, but don't do the belt up ... do things come to the right place ... ie with the belt at your back and the wire through your butt cheeks, does the front plate sit where you think it should?
msknight

Post by msknight »

Thinking about it ... they were probably trying to advise you on a belt, based on you presenting as male.

I am guessing here, but I would be willing to bet that they could be thinking, "He wishes to present as male, so he should need a male-style belt" ... which would these days arguably be hip, so that the stomach doesn't cause a problem.

But I can see where you are coming from ... I, too, am nervous about a hip belt. We are used to wearing waist restrictions every day. I have tried wearing a belt around my hip, as I have been advised, and it feels odd ... but I know it will probably be the best option for me and I'll have to get used to it.

I'm hedging my bets and buying one of each, as the cost to get there is quite high.
Tobbe
Sex: Male

Post by Tobbe »

Is it possible to fasten the belt around your waist?
Your weight gain should hardly affect crotch measurement - you have chosen wire.
Can´t you get the chastity belt around waist, it probably depends on your weight gain. However, if it is too short crotch strap, it has probably been a misunderstanding in the production.
Every woman should wear chastity belt!
90% of women have never heard of it,
90% of all women who hear about it will find the idea good,
90% of all women who have tried it are enthusiastic.
There remains a lot of work
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Ms. Knight I take issues of human respect very seriously and that's the ethnic attitude I grew up with, not any less right than German. Because I want to wear a belt, doesn't give anyone the right to treat me like a BDSM sub.

I can squeeze into it if I adjust all the way but its a very tight fit. I suppose that weight gain could still affect the crotch measurement because the front half still has to go over my gut.
msknight

Post by msknight »

Hi Turtle,

I wasn't there for your visit, but to a degree I know what you're saying. The attitude can be harsh, especially if something seems straightforward and logical to them. Anything that deviates from something that seems logically obvious then irritates them.

I used to work in Munich, supporting office staff there. The procedure was that they call a helpdesk in Ireland first; the helpdesk "first line" would try and sort their problem over the phone and if they couldn't, they'd log a call on the system, then it would pop up on my screen and I'd physically attend.

So there was a logical progression.

However, the staff would ignore this and turn up at my door. I'd say, "You've got to log a call with Ireland." They'd say? "Why waste the time? You're right here. Come and help me." I'd say, "But that's not procedure." They'd say, "Then the procedure is broken and needs fixing. Now ... my problem ..."

I also worked in Frankfurt. I ordered a large steak with all the trimmings. The lady that brought me my plate was homely, warm and just the kind of person you'd expect from the area. She was smiling, saying, "Heiss, heiss." I didn't know German, so said a quick danke and took the plate ... I didn't have on any gloves ... and heiss means, "hot." ... Yeeerrrgggghhhhh!!!! My colleagues fell about laughing. Fortunately, I didn't drop my dinner.

When I went to one site, I was following another engineer who was Jewish. Yes, a Jewish man from the UK, working in Germany. He kindly helped the other engineers learn English. (I also helped other people with their English far more than they helped me with my German!) When I turned up, an engineer visited Munich from Berlin. He came down and wanted to show off his English. We went to a restaurant and he tried to order his "oak" medium rare. I asked why he was trying to order a tree. As it transpired, the Jewish engineer had deliberately taught them the wrong words! ... well, I guess history is never really forgotten!

Once, in Munich, I needed to get my hair sorted out. I got an appointment, but I don't speak German and the one lady in the shop didn't speak any English. I just had to flip through a book of styles and point. I came out looking like a poodle. *sigh* ... but in order to get the process right, she actually had a small set of scales and actually weighed my hair ... obviously to get the calculation right for the perm. (as I know now) ... the perm was quite precise, though ... have to give it ten out of ten for that!

And that's just a snapshot.

My UK boss came out to visit the customer I was working for. He spoke German, I didn't. But when he left, my "customer," said to me, "You're more German than him." ... it wasn't about language, it was about attitude and understanding the way of life and view point on life ... unfortunately that isn't something that can be picked up overnight, and is, "probably," what My-Steel is lacking, an understanding of the non-German view point.

If I was to earn their respect, I had to understand their way of doing things. I couldn't just march in to an office in another country and expect people to treat me the way I wanted ... they're not mind readers, and I'm the alien in their country. I applaud you for making the effort to go there and get measured. This will be the first time I return to Germany for thirteen years, and I know what I'm walking in to ... and I'm scared!

Fortunately, in your case, it is starting to sound like it is a weight issue. Is it only the waist that is too tight? Everything fit everywhere else OK?

I'll admit that My-Steel could do with improving their English, however ... they are dealing in an international market place and the descriptions on their web site are difficult to follow.
msknight

Post by msknight »

A little extra ... it definitely sounds like you were being treated like any other German customer.

If you were being treated like a BDSM sub, you'd have known about it! The Germans don't mess around when it comes to BDSM. You can trust me on that!
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Crotch is also too tight, which is worrisome.