Interpreting Mysteel's options

Discuss female chastity and chastity belts
crow
Sex: Male

Interpreting Mysteel's options

Post by crow »

Hi all. Long time lurker, first time poster.

My fiancee (female, sub) and I (male, dom) have been playing with cheap Chinese belts for a while - mostly the rear wire style. While I do appreciate the mileage that we've gotten from these belts, we are ready to step up to something better.

Despite the issues I've heard about Mysteel's quality control, they still seem like the best option currently - Neosteel doesn't offer a truly adjustable belt, which even from our limited experience seems like something that's pretty necessary given day to day weight fluctuations. And there don't really seem to be any other viable options for manufacturers right now.

So, my questions, particularly directed at the female wearers here:
  • It seems like the majority opinion is that rear wire is superior in every way to chains. Do you agree? She is concerned about using the bathroom, but I'm concerned about her long-term comfort.
  • It also seems like majority opinion is that hip style is better for long term wear. Do you agree?
  • If we went with hip style, is ergonomic or super-ergonomic worth it? If I'm already paying a lot for this thing, I'd rather pay a bit more and have it be as comfortable as possible.
  • Now a harder one... what is the difference between the short and long front shields? I have read their FAQ but can't make out what they are getting at due to the poor translation. It kind of sounds like if you have larger thighs, you should get the longer shield because it's relatively narrower, but then again it doesn't look narrower from the photos on their site.
And, finally... for those who have direct experience with Mysteel, any gotchas I should be aware of?

Appreciate any information you folks can provide!
msknight
Sex: Female

Re: Interpreting Mysteel's options

Post by msknight »

HI,

I'll try and help, but a few things are unique to me so ... seek others opinions as well.

I'm assuming you're going for 24 hour wear over multiple days.

1) Chains can hurt when you sit on them as they run over the butt cheeks; the wire is easier in this regard, but it is thick and needs to be pulled one side for defecation. It is possible, but messy and be careful with your measurements ... be very careful! I think that there is a disclaimer warning that defecation isn't possible in the wire, so be warned.

2 and 3) I have a hip ergo and a waist super-ergo. The hip is more comfortable for long term and easier to hide, while the waist does make moving a little more awkward, but has a better, "presence," if you know what I mean. You'll have to flip the coin on that one. I went there in person and tried the different types on to see what matched me personally and ... for me ... the super ergo on the waist and the ergo on the hip, was worth it.

4) I couldn't honestly put my hand on my heart and say I completely understood this myself ... but I think it is down to the positioning of where the cable meets the shield and the long shield allows the urinal holes to be better positioned. I recall asking, and the long shield does not cover the anus, in case you were wondering ... but if you've got a model in mind, I'd recommending e-mailing and confirming.

Gotchas ... measure, measure and measure again. If you have the opportunity to get there in person, I'd say do it. Also, don't go too tight; I was recommended (by someone else, not My-Steel) that two fingers should be able to go between a belt and the body at the hips. Waist, I have no advice on, other than don't go too tight. - also, ensure you're dealing with the .de site and not the .nl site. Some people have reported issues with dealing via .nl.

I have put a page together here - http://realbondage.co.uk/mysteel.html - which might help; including a video on the locking mechanism ... but life has kept me busy so I haven't been able to do a report on wear yet as I'm still breaking them in/forming them ... so I've still got a lot to learn and experience in them.

I'd say, be cautiously optimistic ... because you're dealing with a precision metal merging with a fluid body ... measurements are so easy to get, "out," if you're not careful.
Boating cpl

Post by Boating cpl »

Excellent tip about NL and De. MY-steel.de is the original correct?

This chastity thing has me going insane... Cheap Chinese is not working out for me. Horribly uncomfortable. I'd love a real belt...really like the tollyboy fga200 with the dropped front! Love Mysteel and neosteel... But just found fancy steel... Wich denied kitty wears but I can't seem to find her to email her personally about fit and logistics of it being a long term...
Larrup
Sex: Male

Post by Larrup »

msknight wrote:but a few things are unique to me so ... seek others opinions as well.
Indeed. The opinion of a genuine female, with female DNA and female hip structure, would be more valuable regarding what works better for women.

msknight has male DNA and male hip structure.
Kellymac3
Sex: Female

Post by Kellymac3 »

Larrup wrote:
msknight wrote:but a few things are unique to me so ... seek others opinions as well.
Indeed. The opinion of a genuine female, with female DNA and female hip structure, would be more valuable regarding what works better for women.

I feel that all advice should be welcome. And all females are different. Waist, hip bone structure. I'm prob the most boniest person you'd ever see. Hence my problems with hip belts.... BG is a friendly group of like minded folks trying to help each other.
:-)
Turtle
Sex: No, I am belted

Post by Turtle »

Larrup wrote:

Dude, show some respect.
Boating cpl

Post by Boating cpl »

I am female with female DNA, and I welcome all points of view. I have very high and honey hips. I have this Chinese belt that I have tried as a hip belt and recently converted it to a waist belt. As a hip belt I could not wear jeans because I couldn't get them over the belt and button them. He belt clearly was visible with dress skirts as well.. And that's not the attention I am looking for.