Really basic advice needed on chastity belts

Discuss female chastity and chastity belts
carolyn
Sex: Female

Really basic advice needed on chastity belts

Post by carolyn »

Sorry if these are stupid questions, I don't know where else to ask.
I'm thinking of wearing a belt for two reasons
1) i'm terrified of rape - it happened to my best friend
2) I'm a good Christian (or try to be) and I want to until I get married before having sex. But temptation is always there and a belt would protect me
SO really basic questions
1) Is it uncomfortable?
2) does it hurt at all?
3) could people tell I would be wearing one?
4) how do you manage hygiene and periods and other bodily functions?
5) who should keep the key - my parents? (I live them them)

thanks for any advice
Last edited by carolyn on 01 Sep 2015, 12:59, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Pinkerton
Sex: Male

Re: Really basic advice needed on chastity belts

Post by Robert Pinkerton »

Any firearms instructor will tell you that the "stupid" question, so called, is the question not asked. So ask away. You will be answered from different perspectives, mostly BDSM/fetish-interest/(even) Gorish(?); or a perspective like mine, contemplating actual use of lock-and-Key female chastity devices as artifacts of social reform.

By way of welcoming you to our disparate Community of Interest, I invite you to read the downloads in viewtopic.php?f=4&t=92.
Greatcornbow

Post by Greatcornbow »

carolyn wrote:Sorry if these are stupid questions, I don't know where else to ask.
I'm thinking of wearing a belt for two reasons
1) i'm terrified of rape - it happened to my best friend
2) I'm a good Christian (or try to be) and I want to until I get married before having sex. But temptation is always there and a belt would protect me
I understand that I wouldn't be able to relieve myself. perhaps that would be a good thing.
SO really basic questions
1) Is it uncomfortable?
2) does it hurt at all?
3) could people tell I would be wearing one?
4) how do you manage hygiene and periods and other bodily functions?
5) who should keep the key - my parents? (I live them them)

thanks for any advice
1. Shouldn't be uncomfortable with two provisos:
a. You need the exact measurements right - ideally have yourself measured and fitted by the supplier.
b. Being steel can take a while to adjust: a bit like new shoes only more so.
2. Shouldn't hurt, with same provisos as above - but can be sore early on.
3. Depends what you wear - if you dress sensible you should be OK
4. You may be able to manage with wing pads. Else in your situation you could just remove it at home for a short time during periods while you change tampons and put it back on afterwards. Other functions, should be OK if you get the right sort. You can still shower etc, with it on.
5. Depends on your personal situation. And the nature of your relationship with them. Alternatively you can have them in a lockbox.

Other points: IMO you should get a belt from a good established supplier. Check out Neosteel and Mysteel for starters. Other factors will be cost and geographical location especially if you can go there to be fitted. Also it will take some time to arrive being made-to-measure.
Tobbe

Post by Tobbe »

Welcome carolyn, to BG and hope you get answers to the questions you ask. Many tend to be willing to help and as you see, you've already received some very informative reply.

First I want to congratulate to a very good choice, that you will use chastity belt.
As you should wear the chastity belt without any key holder, it is perhaps appropriate to have it in your bathroom at home? Then you can open the belt and do what you must, and lock it. Outside bathroom, you are protected both from others and yourself. ;)

In the beginning you need to practice a lot, for the belt to feel comfortable. Use it a couple of hours. Adjust if it does not feel good and rest between times you have it on. Longer moments it will feels good. This may take up to several months, but do not give up. You will get used your body it´s there and after a while, you sometimes forget you're wearing it!
Every woman should wear chastity belt!
90% of women have never heard of it,
90% of all women who hear about it will find the idea good,
90% of all women who have tried it are enthusiastic.
There remains a lot of work
molly

Post by molly »

carolyn wrote:i'm terrified of rape - it happened to my best friend
I'm so sorry that happened to her.
I'm also sorry you're living in fear.
carolyn wrote:1) Is it uncomfortable?
carolyn wrote:2) does it hurt at all?
A well-designed, well-adjusted belt is comfortable compared to a poorly-designed, poorly-adjusted belt. It's relative and no belt is as comfortable as not wearing one. Preference also plays a role here because there are many designs. Waist belts, hip belts, different rear designs for either, different levels of rigidity, etc.
carolyn wrote:3) could people tell I would be wearing one?
Yes. The question is how well you camouflage the belt and how observant they are. Blazers or jackets, dresses with empire waists, slips and pantaloons, bold patterned clothing all help. I almost always wear jackets for work and maxi dresses in social situations for this reason. Otherwise, I don't worry about it and if my belt shows, it shows. I run every morning and the winter months I'm more covered up but in the summer I run in a jogging bra and low-rise booty shorts and my belt is out in the open.
carolyn wrote:4) how do you manage hygiene and periods and other bodily functions?
At home I mostly use the removable shower head but out and about I use a medical bottle that has a narrow, 90 degree nozzle which I can slip in there for cleaning purposes. It takes a lot longer to clean up afterwards but it is what it is.
carolyn wrote:5) who should keep the key - my parents? (I live them them)
That's personal choice I would think :)
carolyn

Post by carolyn »

Thanks to everyone who replied...I'm afraid Ive got more questions though....!
6) If you keep your belt on when you shower or bath, how do you stop you skin getting chafed under it?
7) Does it need taking off to clean? And if so how often?
8) If it is made to measure for me, what happens if I add weight round the waist? Is it adjustable, or does it mean i have to get a new one?
9) so am I right to say that it would probably show if I wear tight jeans, but not if I wear looser clothing or a skirt? (really don't want people to know...)
10) what is a secondary shield? why is it important?
11) What is a lockbox - I'm guessing a kind of safe deposit box. (But if I did get one I would probably ask my parents to keep the key. They know what this fear is doing to me and I'm sure they would be supportive)

thanks again...
fitherin

Post by fitherin »

carolyn wrote:Thanks to everyone who replied...I'm afraid Ive got more questions though....!
6) If you keep your belt on when you shower or bath, how do you stop you skin getting chafed under it?
Hello, I found that a hair drier and a towel was enough to dry after a shower. Lie down on a towel and use one hand to ease the skin off the belt and gently dry with warm air.
If you are giving the key to belt or safe box to parents then I guess they will understand the need for cleaning as much as you do and be aware of possible infections if you do not keep clean, Your not going to have male friends around while you shower so parents can UNLOCK you give you a set time to clean your body and the belt, You can use a mirror to check for sore areas on your back etc.. Then re lock your belt and hand the key back to your parents to put back in the safe.

7) Does it need taking off to clean? And if so how often?
Yes about once a week . To many places to trap muck unless you get a custom built belt without a liner Log on and Read Mollys blog]

8) If it is made to measure for me, what happens if I add weight round the waist? Is it adjustable, or does it mean i have to get a new one?
I am sure that once you get belted you will be so keen on staying comfortable that you will still take excersice and maybe be a bit careful what you eat1
some cheaper belts are adjustable by removing waist band rivets and re adjusting, But a lot of work if you gain/loose weight often.

9) so am I right to say that it would probably show if I wear tight jeans, but not if I wear looser clothing or a skirt? (really don't want people to know...)
Yes you are correct, But Jeans come in all shapes and waist styles, Low waist is a NO as the waistband will show much more easily when you bend forwards. High waist bands less so but a lot depends on the style of belt as well.

10) what is a secondary shield? why is it important?
The primary shield covers your close to your body and normally has a narrow slot to allow you to pass water, The Secondary shield is raised on studs? and is like a fine strong steel mesh above the slot and stops you using your fingers to manipulate your self for pleasure through the slot :shock:
11) What is a lockbox - I'm guessing a kind of safe deposit box. (But if I did get one I would probably ask my parents to keep the key. They know what this fear is doing to me and I'm sure they would be supportive)
Correct !

thanks again...
Good Luck Carolyn I am sure that you will soon find what you need :)
Steve
molly

Post by molly »

carolyn wrote:6) If you keep your belt on when you shower or bath, how do you stop you skin getting chafed under it?
I use Gold Bond medicated powder. I also shower twice a day.
carolyn wrote:7) Does it need taking off to clean? And if so how often?
Since my husband usually wants my belt off from time to time (grin) that's when I clean the belt more thoroughly. As of right now, I've been belted non-stop since July 27th so I'm relying on aggressive use of the removable showerhead and lots of powder. My belt doesn't have a lining and stainless isn't porous so I don't have to worry so much about "stink" sticking to the belt. Washes right off very easily. Smooth metal doesn't chafe my skin anywhere near as much as a silicone liner did. But, that's me.
carolyn wrote:8) If it is made to measure for me, what happens if I add weight round the waist? Is it adjustable, or does it mean i have to get a new one?
Most belts are adjustable so they can fit you to some extent as your body changes. Mine isn't adjustable in any way so I maintain my weight and figure because if I don't, it will get very tight and either be miserable or have to be replaced.
carolyn wrote:9) so am I right to say that it would probably show if I wear tight jeans, but not if I wear looser clothing or a skirt? (really don't want people to know...)
Depends on the jeans and depends on how tight. I don't wear jeans that often but when I do, I wear "regular" vintage jeans instead of "petite" jeans. Because I'm tiny, that puts the jean's waistband just above my natural waist which means it's just above the waist of belt too which means I can button and zip them and my belt is fairly well hidden. I don't wear jeans that are really tight though, but they're not baggy and loose either.
carolyn wrote:10) what is a secondary shield? why is it important?
Belts that have stacked shields (primary and secondary) allow the secondary shield to be removed for masturbating while the belt remains on and locked.
carolyn wrote:11) What is a lockbox - I'm guessing a kind of safe deposit box. (But if I did get one I would probably ask my parents to keep the key. They know what this fear is doing to me and I'm sure they would be supportive)
A lockbox is nothing more than a secure box to store things, such as a chastity belt key. Fancy ones can be programmed to only open on certain days and times so you're stuck in your belt until the timer finishes the cycle you programmed.
sarahjayne

Post by sarahjayne »

Carolyn - I'm sorry to hear how your friend's rape affected you. Have you tried counselling for your fears? But even so, if you want to stay a virgin, then considering a chastity belt might make sense for you.
Here are some pointers to your questions which I hope you'll find useful

Hygiene - you will be able to manage things normally, but you will need to shower daily and preferably twice. You need to make sure you're really dry and baby poweder is great to stop chafed skin

Is it unconfortable? - It will be unconfortable at first, but you will get used to it. You should try wearing it for short periods at a time and gradually build up. It is important that you have one specially made for you. MySteel and NeoSteel, both German compnaies, are two names to think about, and their website have a lot more information.

Could people tell I'm wearing one? It depends what you are wearing, low cut clothing is a bad idea, as are tight jeans or trousers. You'll probably find wearing a skirt suits you better

Who should keep the key? - if you live with your parents they would be the ideal keyholders. They can lend them to you to take your belt off while you shower for example and you can use that time to give your belt a good clean. Have you discussed this with them? are they supportive?

What is a secondary shield? The way your belt will work is that the metal band will fit very tightly around your labia which will protrude slightly. So you pee easily and manage your periods but are totally protected from penetration. A secondary shield fits over this, with perforated holes for urine. That means you can't touch yourself, and you won't be able to relive yourself. Some girls find this frustration hard to bear. But given your reasons for thinking about a belt it would probably suit you. I think you'll find it a beautiful and uplifting idea that your next organsm will be given to you by your husband in your marriage bed.

hope this helps

Sarah-Jayne
Tobbe

Post by Tobbe »

sarahjayne wrote: What is a secondary shield? The way your belt will work is that the metal band will fit very tightly around your labia which will protrude slightly. So you pee easily and manage your periods but are totally protected from penetration. A secondary shield fits over this, with perforated holes for urine. That means you can't touch yourself, and you won't be able to relive yourself. Some girls find this frustration hard to bear. But given your reasons for thinking about a belt it would probably suit you. I think you'll find it a beautiful and uplifting idea that your next organsm will be given to you by your husband in your marriage bed.
Do not forget the benefits of second shield!
It protects the inner labia from being pinched if you sit on hard surfaces and also chafing against for example denim. Therefore, it can work well to have a belt with two locks. One key for the belt and another key to the second shield. Then you can open the second shield when you urinate and have no problem with pinched labia.
Every woman should wear chastity belt!
90% of women have never heard of it,
90% of all women who hear about it will find the idea good,
90% of all women who have tried it are enthusiastic.
There remains a lot of work