Help with measuring for a spicesforlove belt?

Discuss female chastity and chastity belts
Roadblock
Sex: Male

Help with measuring for a spicesforlove belt?

Post by Roadblock »

Hey everyone! I've been reading up on the forum the last day or two and wanted to say that I appreciate all of the great posts here. My wife and I are looking to get her a belt just to see how we like it. It's not likely to be something she'll wear long term; more likely just for "playtime". That said, I'd like it to be as comfortable and secure as possible. I see a lot of people here recommending this belt for someone starting out: http://spicesforlove.com/index.php?main ... ts_id=1023.

My questions are as follows:
1) her waist measures right at 27", which is close to being between the two smallest sizes. I'm not sure which size I should get.
2) Is there a good way to measure for the rear cable length without actually having the belt yet? I saw someone posted to get a belt around her waist that will sit where we think the chastity belt will sit, and then measure from front to back (through her crotch) and subtract 28cm. I see on the spices for love website, he seems to recommend something similar, but quotes 31cm. His directions aren't super clear to me though, so perhaps I'm misunderstanding. Also, isn't the front plate somewhat adjustable (to get the slot lined up with her crotch correctly)? It seems like this could also factor into this measurement.. I hope that question made sense!

3) For the ladies that have or had this belt, can you explain a little bit about what happens to the tension on this rear cable as you stand up/sit down/move around? I would imagine things can shift a bit as your body changes position, but I don't know how this actually works out or 'feels' to the wearer.

Thanks a bunch in advance!
molly
Sex: Female

Re: Help with measuring for a spicesforlove belt?

Post by molly »

I don't have or wear that particular belt and my advice below is generic-ish.

Instead of measuring those two dimensions once and ordering a belt, let me suggest you or she purchase man's belt for $10-12, and have her wear it around her waist all day and overnight. From there, she can tell you whether she would prefer it looser or tighter, and if necessary you can poke holes to try out that new size. Maybe try a cm larger for a day, then try a cm smaller for a day, and compare. I recommend a man's "dress" belt for two reasons. They tend to be wider than women's belts, and they have no stretch. Many women's belts have a little stretch in them (1/4" or so) and that will give you the wrong measurement.

What you're capturing here are wearing dimensions, not static dimension.

Personally, I prefer the waist part of my belt(s) to be tight, probably tighter than most people. I'd rather be a little uncomfortable and get used to it than have it slide around. I also run daily, bike several times a week, and do yoga three times a week so I'm moving and flexing a lot.

Once you get the man's belt adjusted to where it stays put and is most comfortable for her, then you can measure down and around and get the bottom measurement. Measure from the bottom of the belt front and back, not the top. Measure when she is standing, measure when she is sitting, and see if there is much of a difference. Certain body types have greater differences between standing and sitting, others do not.

For that type of belt you are looking at, the front generally stays put because it's rigidly tied to the waist belt and the cable in the back tightens or loosens to compensate. Since the lock and pins are in the front, it's not really a rigid connection - it can flex and wiggle a little, and will do so more as the belt gets worn and accumulates some wear.

Hope this helps, Molly
Roadblock

Post by Roadblock »

Thanks for the reply, Molly, that is very helpful! We did some quick measurements last night, as you described with one of my belts around the narrow part of her waist, but obviously she hadn't worn the belt for more than a minute or two. I came up with 66.5cm though, front to back, which seems a bit big (she's pretty tall and thin). I don't know if I did it correctly though, so I may email this to the guy at spicesforlove and see what he thinks.
molly

Post by molly »

Roadblock wrote:Thanks for the reply, Molly, that is very helpful! We did some quick measurements last night, as you described with one of my belts around the narrow part of her waist, but obviously she hadn't worn the belt for more than a minute or two. I came up with 66.5cm though, front to back, which seems a bit big (she's pretty tall and thin). I don't know if I did it correctly though, so I may email this to the guy at spicesforlove and see what he thinks.
You mentioned she has a 27 inch waist on the dot, right? 65.5cm is 26" waist. That seems smaller :D You want to measure the inside diameter of the belt, to eliminate it's thickness from the measurement. You could do that by taking it off and putting the buckle in the same position, then measuring the inside with a sewing tape (a $2 very flexible tape measure available at hobby, craft and sewing stores). A bit fiddly but you get a more accurate measurement that way.

Companies who make belts specifically for their customers may subtract a small amount from the measurement you send them knowing it will probably fit better if it's a little snug. What is subtracted? A cm? An inch? A fraction of either? Spices for love would have to answer that, and knowing what they do is very important because you can adjust the information you send them so the end result fits very well.

Though from the web page you gave us, it looks as though it is adjustable which will allow for a custom fit anyway. I find it interesting that their web page says to subtract 31cm from the underneath measurement for the front shield, because the front shield is adjustable. Knowing the range the front shield can be adjusted and where it would land on her body at each setting would be very helpful information. You'd want to shield to cover her privates entirely and not hang too low or pull too high, which would cause it to land in the wrong place. If she's tall, that might happen depending how she's tall - long legs/average torso length, long torso/average leg length, or long both. Tall can mean a lot of things you know ;)

At least it appears to be an adjustable belt. That will save you in the end.
Roadblock

Post by Roadblock »

Hey again Molly! I measured her using one of those little fabric tapes that you mentioned. Actually I read it incorrectly the first time; her waist is 26.5. The zero on the tape is about half an inch from the end, whoops!

I'm with you on the confusion around the measurement of the front plate. If it's adjustable I'd also like to know the range. I emailed similar questions to those that I posted here to the address listed on Spicesforlove's website but I haven't heard back. I may follow up with a question about the adjustment range of the front plate.

As far as her build, I think she's pretty evenly "distributed" :). She's a tad over 5-8 so has a fairly long torso and legs comparatively I would guess. My biggest worry is just getting a cable that's too short so the thing is too tight/short on her and doesn't fit or just puts too much pressure on the crotch area.

Thanks again for taking time to answer! I hope someone that has some experience with this particular model belt will see this and offer some insight.
molly

Post by molly »

Roadblock wrote:Actually I read it incorrectly the first time
Common problem, the stretch with hard use (or jamming in the drawer for years at a time) and sometimes the ends get chewed up as well. I use "1" as the end to to compensate for that.
Roadblock wrote:If it's adjustable I'd also like to know the range.
Most belts are adjustable and one of the problems I found as a very tiny person is most times the crotch cover ended up way below my crotch. Some of the belts had enough adjustment in them to where we could get it in the right place, or at least darn close, but one we had to cut and drill to shorten it another cm.

The wire on the wire back belts can be adjusted too, but you'll need some hardware and a few tools. Most wire-back belts hold the wire in place with two crimps, one at each end. Some of the slightly more expensive belts have a crush tube with a tapped hole at the end which is slipped over the wire, crimped, and a small screw goes into the tapped hole. Either style is adaptable to different lengths by cutting the wire down and replacing the crimp piece with a homemade piece. Making a wire longer requires replacing the wire though.
Roadblock

Post by Roadblock »

After a little more measuring, I'm not sure a front plate of 31cm will be large enough to reach her perineum. I guess we could see if the belt is comfortable a little lower than the narrowest part of her waist, and that might line things up okay. I'm a little surprised that these belts have such a narrow adjustment range on the waist though. I've seen others that supposedly go from 24-36". These seem to be less adjustable over less than a 2 inch range.

I'm a little surprised that no one else has any experience with this belt, since I've seen it suggested on this forum quite a few times! :)
molly

Post by molly »

Many of these belts are designed in Asia, particularly China, where women are traditionally smaller than US women. Average US woman is 5'5", 160lbs and average Japan or Chinese woman is 5'2", 113 lbs. It's also why eBay sellers from China get so much negative feedback. Women in non-Asian countries bid on and buy clothing in their usual size not realize Asian size is so much smaller. US size 2 is about an Asian 6, and we have a size 4 and a size 2 smaller than that.
Roadblock

Post by Roadblock »

Yeah I'm aware of some of the size differences you speak of which is why I am trying to be careful before I order.

I got a reply from someone spices who suggested we "try a rope first to see what waist and crotch length she prefers". He also said that if the crotch plate is too small or short I could buy a different one. Given that this has to ship from China to the US I would like to try to get it right the first time (or at least get as close as possible!).

Has anyone tried what he suggested with using a rope? I can imagine a couple ways I might have a go at it but obviously rope is going to have a bit more give, flex and stretch than steel.
molly

Post by molly »

Roadblock wrote:Has anyone tried what he suggested with using a rope? I can imagine a couple ways I might have a go at it but obviously rope is going to have a bit more give, flex and stretch than steel.
A little stretchy, yes. A strip of poster board or heavy paper might work. You could even lay out a strip of duct tape, then put another layer on it glue-to-glue so it's not sticky and not stretchy. You could use a computer patch cable which aren't stretchy at all.