Chastity Manufacturers- RATE THEM!

Review your chastity belt!
Admin
Site Admin
Sex: Male

Re: Chastity Manufacturers- RATE THEM!

Post by Admin »

I insert here a quote from Engineering and Economics of the Florentine Chastity Belt by our forum member Robert Pinkerton as it might add insights to the subject discussed in this thread. The text continues in the document found attached to the linked post.
Robert Pinkerton wrote:a Belt must be a one-off item: The design may be constant from unit to unit -- even from maker to maker -- but the measurements of each unit vary widely, as the measurements vary widely from one girl or woman to another. Granted that some parts of any maker's Belts are constant from unit to unit, hence admissible of mass-production, others are critically dependent upon the individual wearer's bodily measurements. The constant components can be farmed out to a job machine-shop; but the girdle, the shield and the posterior chainettes must be cut to measure. This means by hand, although with the help of power tools, jigs to keep constant relationships constant, and dies to keep arrays of parts in place. This adds to the cost of materials, the costs of the maker's own labor in all phases from assembly and finishing to his entrepreneurship, and the per-unit amoritization of the aggregate cost of his own tools.
Tobbe

Post by Tobbe »

I would like to say BIG FIVE!
Now I'm sorry to say that you forgot Carrara!
A Belgian manufacturer that makes very beautiful belts in three different models for women.
Price from € 500 to over € 900 depending on model and configuration.

http://www.carrara-designs.be/products/ ... age49.html
Every woman should wear chastity belt!
90% of women have never heard of it,
90% of all women who hear about it will find the idea good,
90% of all women who have tried it are enthusiastic.
There remains a lot of work
Pyra Gorgon
Sex: Female

Post by Pyra Gorgon »

I didn't forget Carrara.

I purposely did not mention them. 8-)
Chastity...fun to wear...horrible to have as a name!
gotsteel

Post by gotsteel »

Pyra Gorgon wrote: Locked-in-Steel I have not gotten any replies from either.
I thought they'd gone bankrupt or something?
Pyra Gorgon wrote: Keep in mind, I really do expect my ass to be kissed that is getting covered with one of these metal undies. If I am spending close to $1100 for all the typical options like you see on the belts these overly beautiful models are wearing, then I want and demand #1 customer service!!!

Given our current economy, and given the fact that a chastity belt is ONLY A LUXURY item, it would seem that business ought to be slow for such items. Common wisdom of economics and business 101 seems to say that these companies are failing in their professional callings.
Well these probably aren't companies in the sense you're used to, and I'm not sure that a lot of kinksters really get that. In the long distance hiking community we call what's happening cottage industry manufacturing. In other words that we're not dealing with the sort of large corporation with an assembly line product that we're used to. A company may only consist of one person, it's quite likely operated out of their home, it's likely not their day job.

There are going to be very noticeable differences in service between a too big to fail business and some guy/couple with real careers building belts on the weekends in their basement
xilefc

Post by xilefc »

Bottom line: there are no valid reasons for the issues us customers are experiencing. I bet they are home hobbyists with websites and lots of industrial connections.

Maybe this is why so many chastity belt manufacturers go out of business or never take off.
Like Access Denied.
Locked-in-Steel will be the next one to go belly up. I predict this.
I would like to point out that Access Denied was a full fledged machine shop before they even started making chastity belts. Their product was one of the best CBs on the market, coming up with many innovations, including the coated front plate. The reason they stopped production of chastity belts was that Paul Tooker, the owner of the business, passed away. His wife continued production for a while but her heart was not in it. I understand that she wanted to sell the CB side of the business but that never happened so she discontinued making CBs . The machine shop continued operation. As to LIS, it has not been a functioning entity for at least 2 years, so it is not surprising that you have not gotten a reply. It is easy to make a prediction when the patient is already dead. Originally under Jillian and Karen the business made terrific product. I had one of their early belts and was very pleased with it. As the business expanded, additional personnel were added but due to some hanky-panky in customer service, things went downhill... late delivery, non-delivery, incorrectly sized CBs killed the business. Lots of people lost money over non-delivery of goods. The business was sold to two fellows but they have done nothing with the business other than keep the website operational.

Production of chastity belts has largely been one man shows. William Jones, Hal and later Richard, of Tollyboy, were all one man operations. The person who took over Bill Jones business created a great website (Bill never had an online presence) but again, was a one man operation. Personal problems, lack of business acumen contributed to the business's demise. Both Hal and Richard had serious health problems which crippled their production. Richard has been in the process of moving to Australia, bouncing back and forth to the detriment of the business. I cannot speak to the operations of Neo Steel and My-Steel, since I have no knowledge of their situation.

Unfortunately, lots of historical context has been lost with the closing of Altairboy's Guest Book, the disappearance of the LockMeUp Site, and the deletion on FetLife of the LIS problem discussions. What was lost would add a lot to your discussion of CB Manufacturers.
Pyra Gorgon

Post by Pyra Gorgon »

All those chastity belt makers are cottage industries.

Not a single one hit on the scene with production techniques...except for the chinese and they are making utter crap.

So chastity belts are still solely in the "custom" sector of manufacturing. Because of that, it seems there is a great deal of lackadaisacal work ethic.
Chastity...fun to wear...horrible to have as a name!
Lizza

Post by Lizza »

I am not familiar with american strange terminology.What is this "BIG FIVE" expression mean?
Lizza
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Lizza wrote:I am not familiar with american strange terminology.What is this "BIG FIVE" expression mean?
In this tread the Big three, four or five or whatever number is used as a name for the big established producers of female chastity belts.
Tobbe

Post by Tobbe »

Pyra Gorgon wrote:All those chastity belt makers are cottage industries.
I don´t think My-Steel is cottage industries.
Look at their address. Edel+Stahl DESIGN GmbH, Im Wuestfeld 21, D-64859 Eppertshausen, Germany.
There are a larger company that manufactures carports in stainless steel and some chastity belts! :)

http://www.exklusivcarport.de/
Every woman should wear chastity belt!
90% of women have never heard of it,
90% of all women who hear about it will find the idea good,
90% of all women who have tried it are enthusiastic.
There remains a lot of work
masterboyz

Post by masterboyz »

I don''t know why we advice Chinese chastity belt... I just can explain other people do you like Chinese car? or we want German car simple vw, mersedes-benz, bmw, opel, we want to drive the best car and want the best insurance if you crash save your life.... but it simple for belt this too... Chinese it's only copy not the original quality for tollyboy it's production from 1956 years. Why is not the buy license from original? I know it's expansive... But license can buy the other German production the chastity belt. Today I want buy the best security police hundguff asp for use usa police cost 386$ us but all weapon shop do not sale for me... sex shop sale only shit aluminum hundguff for 10$ if some want to play all people bdsm and do not sale good metall devices... not for production from china or other country was security 1890-1950 look at the history.