Improved Padlock Security

Build your own chastity belt or modify a bought belt
Nelly
Sex: Male

Improved Padlock Security

Post by Nelly »

As a full metal belt wearer myself I fully concur with Pyra Gorgon on the subjects of lame padlocks and indestructible belts. The latter of course do not exist but can present a considerable barrier to unauthorized access of private parts. Ideally the belt needs to be secured in such a way that you would really have to destroy the belt (e.g. cut through the waistband) to get it off. Having probably spent a fair amount of time money and effort to get a belt that is comfortable, practical and effective, you are unlikely to be cutting it off and replacing it every time you are feeling horny.

Unfortunately many belts, including mine, are secured with padlocks which are not that secure. Structurally they’re not too bad, especially if there is a shackle shroud on the belt, to stop attack with bolt cutters. If properly designed the lock will not be removable without damaging your nice shiny belt to some extent.

The real weak point with padlocks, as Pyra has pointed out, is picking the lock. I won’t go into details, but it can be done remarkably easily with things lying around most homes. The problem is that we all have moments of weakness and want ‘out’ and picking the lock is an obvious thing to try since it won’t do any lasting damage to the belt or lock. Agreed you can double up with a security seal, but psychologically it isn’t quite the same as something you just cannot remove without considerable effort and incurred expense.

After discovering that I could remove my belt in a couple of minutes with nothing more than a few items from the stationary box, it rather lost its appeal for a while. I made my own belt (http://chastityforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=18744 ), but if I’d paid a lot of money for a custom belt from a commercial supplier I’d be very disappointed.

However, if you have a small hacksaw, and some super-glue and a steady hand, you can make most padlocks considerably more difficult, if not impossible to pick, without using professional equipment. Basically, to pick a lock you need some room in the key-way in which to work. By cutting the key down its length and removing the ‘back-bone’ of the key, the important key-form part is left and despite looks, is quite strong enough for the job, unless you’re really clumsy. Now, trail a little super-glue into the grooved portion of the part of the key you have removed and insert it into the padlock’s key-way. The result a very small key-way that leaves little room for manoeuvre and makes picking with simple tools extremely difficult if not impossible.

The lock I modified was a basic 30mm brass type with hardened shackle, very similar to those used on some quite expensive commercial belts. I hope this might serve some sort of remedy for any ‘lameness’ you might find in the padlock(s) securing your belt.

Trying to pick the lock on a belt can be quite exciting and very frustrating, succeeding is just disappointing!

Nelly

Key Mod.jpg
Lock Mod.jpg
Greatcornbow
Sex: Male

Re: Improved Padlock Security

Post by Greatcornbow »

Nelly wrote:As a full metal belt wearer myself I fully concur with Pyra Gorgon on the subjects of lame padlocks and indestructible belts. The latter of course do not exist but can present a considerable barrier to unauthorized access of private parts. Ideally the belt needs to be secured in such a way that you would really have to destroy the belt (e.g. cut through the waistband) to get it off. Having probably spent a fair amount of time money and effort to get a belt that is comfortable, practical and effective, you are unlikely to be cutting it off and replacing it every time you are feeling horny.

Unfortunately many belts, including mine, are secured with padlocks which are not that secure. Structurally they’re not too bad, especially if there is a shackle shroud on the belt, to stop attack with bolt cutters. If properly designed the lock will not be removable without damaging your nice shiny belt to some extent.

The real weak point with padlocks, as Pyra has pointed out, is picking the lock. I won’t go into details, but it can be done remarkably easily with things lying around most homes. The problem is that we all have moments of weakness and want ‘out’ and picking the lock is an obvious thing to try since it won’t do any lasting damage to the belt or lock. Agreed you can double up with a security seal, but psychologically it isn’t quite the same as something you just cannot remove without considerable effort and incurred expense.

After discovering that I could remove my belt in a couple of minutes with nothing more than a few items from the stationary box, it rather lost its appeal for a while. I made my own belt (http://chastityforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=18744 ), but if I’d paid a lot of money for a custom belt from a commercial supplier I’d be very disappointed.

However, if you have a small hacksaw, and some super-glue and a steady hand, you can make most padlocks considerably more difficult, if not impossible to pick, without using professional equipment. Basically, to pick a lock you need some room in the key-way in which to work. By cutting the key down its length and removing the ‘back-bone’ of the key, the important key-form part is left and despite looks, is quite strong enough for the job, unless you’re really clumsy. Now, trail a little super-glue into the grooved portion of the part of the key you have removed and insert it into the padlock’s key-way. The result a very small key-way that leaves little room for manoeuvre and makes picking with simple tools extremely difficult if not impossible.

The lock I modified was a basic 30mm brass type with hardened shackle, very similar to those used on some quite expensive commercial belts. I hope this might serve some sort of remedy for any ‘lameness’ you might find in the padlock(s) securing your belt.

Trying to pick the lock on a belt can be quite exciting and very frustrating, succeeding is just disappointing!

Nelly

Key Mod.jpg
Lock Mod.jpg
Nice. I like this!!