Help with sizing down this "adjustable" belt?

Build your own chastity belt or modify a bought belt
BeltedBunny
Sex: Female

Help with sizing down this "adjustable" belt?

Post by BeltedBunny »

Hello all! I just received my knock-off cable style belt (https://imgur.com/a/bs7GaKb) and now that I have it in my hands I'm at a loss as to how I fit it to my body. I definitely fit within the size requirements for the size I chose but it's huge and I can't find anywhere that I can move ANY of the pieces to make it smaller. https://imgur.com/a/JNKofTJ everything is either welded on, or covered in pink silicone that I can't even scootch down the cables :( Did I just waste my belt fund on something so big it doesn't even stay on??
gorwath
Sex: Male

Re: Help with sizing down this "adjustable" belt?

Post by gorwath »

Can you get the other ends of the cables free? Seems like it would slide in and out of the tubes beneath the padlock if you open the brass insert?

Then you could just feed the cable ends further into the tubes. You may have to cut a bit off the cable ends if they are way too long and won't go far enough up the tubes.

If the pink silicone sleeves are too long, you just need to carefully trim them to the correct size. Loosen up the torx screws of all brass inserts and then feed the cable so that its extra length goes up the tubes.
Luci

Post by Luci »

Ok, starting at the inside of the front of the belt behind the lock there should be a nut and screw you can remove with the Alan key they should have provided with the belt.. The nut might be a rectangular or similar shape as opposed to more rounded. That should be the nut that allows you to take the ends of the cable all the way out. Make sure you pay CLOSE attention to how the belt is put together. Take off all the pink tubing, loosen all the rest of the nuts and bolts and make your adjustments. It helps to have someone hold things in place while you make adjustments. Do the waist first, then the crotch portion. Once you get the waist to the right tightness, tighten those nuts and put the tubing on and then do the crotch. The cables may be stiff inside the metal tubing so you might have to put a little effort into making them move.
Be careful tightening the nuts back up as the Alan key and screw system strips EASILY. Ive had to take a few trips to the hardware store to replace the screws. If you do need to, replace them with phillips machine screws (take the nut with you so you can make sure you get the right size)

Anyway, once you figure it out it does become easy, it took me a little while to get the configuration of how it was assembled down.

Good luck!
Luci
BeltedBunny

Post by BeltedBunny »

Alrighty, I managed to take it ENTIRELY apart and cut down the pink bits to size.. but now I have an excess of wire coming out the top near the lock :/ I'm wondering how to trim it. Bolt cutters? But then how do I make sure I don't cut myself on the ends :/
BeltedBunny

Post by BeltedBunny »

https://imgur.com/a/CBHPyy3
these bits! (Also, if someone could tell me the trick to using the padlock lock that doesn't go through any holes but around with an extra washer?? i can't get it on for the life of me and I didn't pay attention the first time I took it off :( )
Luci

Post by Luci »

Thread the extra wires into the pink tubing, dont trim it you wont have a way to finish the ends. For the lock, slip the washer over the round piece and then the lock slips into the indent on the round piece over the washer.
gorwath
Sex: Male

Post by gorwath »

For reference, if you decide to trim the ends:
1. Cut the cables with a thin cutting disc for stainless steel (usually marked INOX) using an angle grinder or a dremel tool. When cutting, be careful not to splay/bend apart the cable strands. You won't be able to bend them back together. Take small practice cuts to perfect your technique before doing the final cuts.
2. Add brazing to the cut ends. You'll need a handheld propane/butane blow torch to heat up the cable ends and some silver/brass brazing material and its compatible flux. Do practice on ends of the wasted cutoffs first. Do note you'll only want to braze just the very ends, as the cable won't bend at all for the lenth with brazing in it.
3. The cable will propably discolor quite a bit from the heat, but should be polishable using fine steelwool.
BeltedBunny

Post by BeltedBunny »

https://i.imgur.com/j05cpGE.jpg
I'm not sure how i should thread them back through? I can't fit the cables back down the tubes they come up in... (it wouldn't be THAT big a deal but the cables get caught on my peach fuzz and it's pretty uncomfortable.)

Wait i think i get it! You mean back down the tubes of the waistband, right? That worked out pretty well!! The lock is still fiddly as hell and I'm going to have to practice more..
Luci

Post by Luci »

I dont think you're going to be able to solve the lock fiddly problem. That model belt seems a bit flimsy. Search my other posts for pics of what I'm wearing now. I am much happier with the solid waistband than I was with the plate and cable belt. The lock system mine has is a pain in the ass though. It's frustrating to keep closed while getting the plate over the lock clip.
Yes, the pink rubber tubing that goes over the cable is what I was referring to. No need to bother with cutting and blowtorching the ends.

Keep in mind, you may need to purchase several different belts before you find one that's comfortable to wear long term. Good thing there are plenty of chinese knock off varieties so you can find the style that best fits your lifestyle. Personally I went through 4 and eventually had to combine parts from 2 different belts to make mine work for me.
BeltedBunny

Post by BeltedBunny »

I actually already have a solid waistband belt and hate it! It keeps me super clammy, it's super pinchy, and it's impossible to hide under my clothes :P that's why I wanted this smaller style. I don't think I will be buying any more belts tbh (the linked-waist style looks even more uncomfortable and I only wear it for short-term sexy purposes anyway so I really can't invest any more money in this.)