CNC Laser Cut Chastity Belt V1.0

Build your own chastity belt or modify a bought belt
Pyra Gorgon
Sex: Female

Re: CNC Laser Cut Chastity Belt V1.0

Post by Pyra Gorgon »

Finally back home and can respond to this thread...

First, thank you, OP, for the credit for your inspiration and development. I do plan to write a thorough work up on pattern making design in my OP I started but never finished. You will probably be interested in that project for your purposes of making patterns. :-)

...and don't worry, I am NOT leaving the chastity community! I just may find myself unbelted more than I care to be if circumstances become what they must.
Chastity...fun to wear...horrible to have as a name!
dashingdarla
Sex: Female

Post by dashingdarla »

Pyra Gorgon wrote:I do plan to write a thorough work up on pattern making design in my OP I started but never finished. You will probably be interested in that project for your purposes of making patterns. :-)
I am very much looking forward to you finishing the patternmaking tutorial. I bookmarked it the day after you started it as google directed me there, and I joined the forum a couple of weeks later just in case it became marked as a "members only" tutorial.

Not applying pressure, just appreciating the value it will have to many, including me.

I wish I had the prowess of the OP to be able to rework designs on the computer rather than making seemingly zillions of paper templates that aren't quite right.
CylonSexFiend
Sex: Male

Re: CNC Laser

Post by CylonSexFiend »

Another great aspect of the laser is that most of them can be set to variable depth so say you are cutting .9mm 3CR13MoV you can set up your program to also cut .07mm engraving into the piece at the same time.
So you can engrave barely there Guide lines for assembly, Company logos, little love-hearts or other repeating pattern, Beltie's name, Property of... or slave barcode, Commemorative statues of liberty, Blood type, dog tags, medic-alert info or titallating textures on the inside of secondary shields (multi pass)
Laser CnC is also ideal for making perf-grill and you could use decorativly shaped holes. Imagine peeing through beautiful lace like pierce-work or the 50 stars of the USA flag on your secondary shield
Evocatas
Sex: Male

Post by Evocatas »

CylonSexFiend wrote:Another great aspect of the laser is that most of them can be set to variable depth so say you are cutting .9mm 3CR13MoV you can set up your program to also cut .07mm engraving into the piece at the same time.
[...]
I realize I'm way late to the party, but for posterity, here's a bit of information:

In order to engrave with a Laser, you're not setting the machine up to cut 0.07mm, you're actually leaving the machine to cut at the same depth and then altering the emission power. You could alter the cut height, but you also run the risk of Raleigh scattering causing all sorts of damage... like loss of sight, sunburns -> cancer, equipment damage, etc.

Also, I'd like to point out that setting the machine to cut 0.07mm material when 0.9mm is on the table would cause the head to crash. If you were to do it that way, you would actually need to know the focal length of the lens you're using and then set that to 0.07mm below the surface.

Now days there's enough information on CNC machines, you can literally build two of your own for the price it would cost to buy one (Milling, lathe, plasma). The one caveat to this are Laser machines as they require far more equipment to assemble and additional experience to maintain. Thankfully, though, technology has gotten to the point where power isn't nearly an issue. At the time of this posting, Kerns manufactures an 150W table that'll cut 100 3.175mm holes in 88 seconds, which is amazingly fast. (I learned to run on a 2000W machine capable of cutting 13mm with water cooling 20 years ago).

Just food for thought.