Is there enough interest in female chastity to start a US based belt manufacturer?

Discuss female chastity and chastity belts
ffooss
Sex: Male

Is there enough interest in female chastity to start a US based belt manufacturer?

Post by ffooss »

My-steel has been around for ages. There's enough interest in Neosteel to keep moving after the previous owner's passing. Fancy Steel looks to be killing it with new prototype belts. /r/femalechastity seems to have a few new faces every month but it seems like they buy the FS cable knockout belts.

I've read that people go to My-steel for their customer service and quick manufacturing turn around. It seems they to Neosteel for the best but it can take months to get a belt. I've read quite a few accounts of very slow email replies as well. Fancy Steel has more belts that cost much less than the German versions but the quality seems to be hit or miss. I've read some accounts of longer manufacturing timelines with FS as well. The other manufacturers (Latowski, Carrara, Fetish Felix, etc) don't seem to have much traction in the online forums I read.

Do you think there's enough interest in female chastity belts to start a US based belt manufacturer? If so, what things would be most important (eg: customer service, turnaround time, belt design, security, comfort, price, etc)?
Tobbe

Re: Is there enough interest in female chastity to start a US based belt manufacturer?

Post by Tobbe »

The most important thing is to be able to deliver on time and to respond when buyers/customers want something.
Good design, safe and workmanship is also something that buyers want, so it works like a chastity belt and not a toy!

Now I think that the extensive laws in the USA can make it a problem to manufacture them in the country. Easier to import and avoid the extensive regulatory framework.
Every woman should wear chastity belt!
90% of women have never heard of it,
90% of all women who hear about it will find the idea good,
90% of all women who have tried it are enthusiastic.
There remains a lot of work
Mike Orca
Sex: Belted Man

Re: Is there enough interest in female chastity to start a US based belt manufacturer?

Post by Mike Orca »

As I live in Germany, I do not have information concerning the intersest in female chastity in US. 20-30 years ago there where at least two or three belt manufacturers in the US and it would be surprising to me if today no consumer demand exists.

Looking to the "chastity belt market" in Germany, I see three segments. Cheap belts, as far as I read in online forums mostly of rather poor quality and fit, come from Asia, mainly from China - no need for additional manufacturers in US or Europe.

All custom-made chastity belts from the labels mentioned above are quite expensiv but there is one big difference between e.g. My-steel, Neosteel and Fancy Steel compared to e.g. Latowski or Carrara: The more classical desings of several My-steel and Neosteel belts as well as the Fancy steel desings allow online ordering with an acceptable chance to get a belt with a good fit. Professional measuring by the manufacturer was very helpful when I was ordering my My-steel male CB - in the case of the Laowski or Carrara designs, it seems essential - no online business.

If you think about starting an US belt manufacture, a personal service (expert advice, measuring, individual modifications of standard designs) and an excellent workmanship seem most important to me.
ChastityKing

Post by ChastityKing »

I for 1 would LOVE to build a business in the US building chastity belts and other bondage gear.
Boating cpl

Post by Boating cpl »

It would be fantastic to have a USA based maker!
Boating cpl

Post by Boating cpl »

This should really be discussed. I’m also wondering what the market would be like
Boating cpl

Post by Boating cpl »

Ffooss,

Is neosteal still Manufacturing belts? I think Richard from Tolly boy stopped?
Tobbe

Post by Tobbe »

Is neosteal still Manufacturing belts?
Yes! New owner who worked before for Mendes at Neosteel.
Upgrade the site and work in Stuttgart.

I think Richard from Tolly boy stopped?
1 August he upgrade the website with new text about new ideas for belts and locks.
Every woman should wear chastity belt!
90% of women have never heard of it,
90% of all women who hear about it will find the idea good,
90% of all women who have tried it are enthusiastic.
There remains a lot of work
BrittanyD
Sex: Female

Post by BrittanyD »

It would be nice cheapeer than selling from Europe.