Chinese Chastity Belt Set (bra + belt w/rear chains)

Review your chastity belt!
dashingdarla
Sex: Female

Chinese Chastity Belt Set (bra + belt w/rear chains)

Post by dashingdarla »

I purchased this set as a metal replacement for my husband's homemade leather set, which I made many years ago and has been falling apart for years. This purchase was an interim solution for having him in metal, until I can make something specific myself. I'm still learning how to roll edges in sheet metal.

Anyway... let's start off with what I purchased: http://www.dhgate.com/product/female-ad ... 43098.html

This was my first purchase from DHGate, and I liked the idea that the sellers do not get paid until the item arrives. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to look up or validate the tracking number provided by the seller, but she kept assuring me everything was okay. Turns out something was wrong with the website, because the tracking number she gave me was the exact one on the box so no fault of the seller there. Turn around time from order to being given a tracking number was one day, it arrived 9 days later. Not too bad I thought.

I was unhappy in how the set was packed - it was "mushed" into the box and a loose allen key type screwdriver tossed in for good measure.

First, the bra:

Adjusting the band to my husband was easy - I just had to undo four nuts and make it a bit smaller and it fit like a charm. The bra straps were a pain because they were too short but there were four extra chains for attaching the bra to the belt (or wrist cuffs) so I removed those and broke out a section out of each to extend the four chains that make up the bra straps. Each link is chrome-plated link that is not welded close, so opening them requires two pairs of pliers, and closing them requires a good squash with a pair of vice grips.

The big concern I have about the bra is durability - the tabs welded to the bra cups is thin as can be, and the spot welds are beyond terrible. Also, the center tab that links them together and ties the heavy bra strap chains to the cups, are also thin as can be. This became apparent while taking it out of the box as those three pieces flexed significantly and I know they're going to pull apart. I know I will be rewelding the tabs if not replacing them with thicker stainless at some point.

The cups are oval-ish and are wider than they are tall, thus anyone "ample" up top will not find this style of chastity bra very comfortable. They're also small.

Second, the belt:

All of Pyra's comments here viewtopic.php?f=18&t=106 apply as well, plus I'll add a few others.

It's a little difficult to see in the last picture, there is a padlock for joining the crotch strap to the front of the belt, and that was not as pictures in the DHGate auction. It was supposed to be a rectangular side-lock of some kind. Not a big deal per se, because I've already ordered computer case security locks to make the same modification as others have, but it did annoy me a bit that it wasn't as pictured.

In one of the pictures I've attached you can see the belt pulling apart a bit - that's the front, top of the waistband where the crotch strap joins and locks together. I'm sorry the flash makes it difficult to see. At the bottom of the picture you can hopefully see the rightmost layer of metal (crotch strap) is curling at the corner. At the top of the picture the backmost layer (left side of waistband) is pulling away too. This is because there's too much play in this area due to the post that the padlock goes through being a hair too long I think.

The two posts - one at the top of the crotch strap, and one for the shield cover and rear chain connection point - aren't stainless. They're some kind of non-steel pot metal and I know they're not stainless because the cheesy lock shackles aren't experiencing any wear but the holes in the posts for the lock shackles are - after a mere week of near-constant wearing by my husband. So this is going to fall apart pretty quickly I imagine. The computer case security lock upgrade in both places should help with this from what I've seen on Pyra's thread.

The edges of that joint sticking out unfortunately snags my husband's clothing, and so far in a week of wearing several underpants and one pajama bottoms have been cut into. I make take Pyra's computer security lock idea a step further and make a thicker backing plate out of say, 1/8" stainless or something. I have a lot of ideas, I'll have to experiment to see which one works best.

The stainless steel straps used for the bra band, belt waistband, and crotch strap are all very thin. I expected that to be the case but not quite this thin. Before things get bent up I'll be taking both completely apart and making patterns off them for future belt construction projects.

Other than these issues plus the ones Pyra already identified, my husband is happy wearing the set and has commented several times they're very comfortable. Getting the right fit through adjustments was key. The waistband had to be above his hips, and we were lucky that he's not tall so there was enough length in the crotch strap and rear chains to get that to be the right length.
Attachments
20130817_081028.jpg
20130817_081009.jpg
20130817_080927.jpg
20130817_080910.jpg
20130817_080852.jpg
virginitysaving

Re: Chinese Chastity Belt Set (bra + belt w/rear chains)

Post by virginitysaving »

How can man wear a female belt?
There is slot on your pictures rather than tube.
dashingdarla

Post by dashingdarla »

virginitysaving wrote:How can man wear a female belt?
By "tucking".
virginitysaving wrote:There is slot on your pictures rather than tube.
Right, and in this case, neither slot nor tube is a necessary feature.
Lizza

Post by Lizza »

Actually a man could depending on his size put the "head" of his "part" through the slot on a female belt!
An additional way of stopping him escaping.

Why would a man want to wear a bra?..............unless he is on hormones and growing breasts?

Lizza
virginitysaving

Post by virginitysaving »

Lizza wrote:Actually a man could depending on his size put the "head" of his "part" through the slot on a female belt!
Really?
In this case he is able to do in opposite direction, that means any female belt without secondary shield is useless :)
dashingdarla

Post by dashingdarla »

I would really wish the two of you would remain on-topic if you choose to post on my threads - this was a review of what I purchased, adding observational commentary to what Pyra has made in the past about the design and workmanship of similar products.

The review itself has nothing to do with men wearing female chastity devices, even though that's my purpose.
Lizza

Post by Lizza »

You mentioned a bra that came with the belt, a metal bra,of course some here are going to ask why HE might wear a metal bra,its not off topic at all.Virginia only asked why HE would want to wear female belt, that's also NOT off topic is it?
If it is off topic, Sorry.
Lizza
dashingdarla

Post by dashingdarla »

Lizza wrote:If it is off topic, Sorry. Lizza
I appreciate the sentiment, but in previous discussions on this website, both you and virginitysaving went out of your way to let me know you don't want me here discussing why my husband wears female chastity devices.

So, to be considerate of both of you, I deliberately wrote this review in a way that my husband wearing these products is irrelevant - I commented on the order process and vendor, the terrible packing job, the materials and workmanship, as well as improvements I intend to make.

This way, any female who might be interested in products like these might find the review useful.

But you can't have it both ways - telling me on one thread I don't belong here and you don't want me discussing my husband, then on another thread ask questions and expect an answer.

That's why, in my mind, both your comments are off topic. I'm simply following what you asked me to originally - discuss my husband as little as possible.
Lizza

Post by Lizza »

I did no such thing.I didn't imply or suggest that I don't want YOU discussing whatever
you like.
It was virginity who mentioned he being male and wearing a female belt........................originally.I don't personally care at all.There is nothing wrong with female belt if a person is male wearing it,so what if they do?
Its all interesting stuff.
I am not sure if pyra did a review of the same belt on DHG? website?It sounds like it might have been pyra doing the review.I can personally confirm that getting out of THAT lock (i have the same lock but not the same belt) is inescapable,Lock only.
I saw the spot welds, I agree they are very bad and look weak.It is a nice pretty pink, I think?I wonder if that nasty joint between the belt and the chains will cause soreness, male of female wearing it?
Actually that particular belt i considered buying before i bought the belt I have now.Its the chains that put me off buying it.
Lizza
dashingdarla

Post by dashingdarla »

Lizza wrote:I did no such thing.I didn't imply or suggest that I don't want YOU discussing whatever you like
Actually, you did, though the posts have long since been removed by Admin. The first one of several started with "Shut up Dashing!"
Lizza wrote:There is nothing wrong with female belt if a person is male wearing it,so what if they do? Its all interesting stuff.
If that's the case, then fine. Bygones.
Lizza wrote:I am not sure if pyra did a review of the same belt on DHG? website?It sounds like it might have been pyra doing the review.I can personally confirm that getting out of THAT lock (i have the same lock but not the same belt) is inescapable,Lock only.
The belt I purchased (with the bra) is similar to the one Pyra reviewed, except the locking mechanism up front seems different. Hers had more of a rectangular latch I believe with a side-entry lock, whereas the one I purchased is just a cheesy post with a cheesy collar for the cheesy padlock shackle to be slipped through in a cheesy fashion.

Since my husband wants to wear devices like these, he has no desire to break/cut/remove them. That doesn't mean they won't fall apart on their own at some point, and I can see that happening. After only a week of time, the front locking area has a ton of play in it already.
Lizza wrote:I saw the spot welds, I agree they are very bad and look weak.It is a nice pretty pink, I think?I wonder if that nasty joint between the belt and the chains will cause soreness, male of female wearing it?
So far my husband has made no complaints about soreness, rubbing or chafing. I also spent a fair amount of time adjusting it for a good fit - the belt is completely above his hips and snug but not too tight, the crotch belt is the appropriate length how it's adjusted, the bra band is snug but not too tight, and the bra strap chains drape nicely but I can easily put my pinky under them so they're not tight either, as they're more decorative than functional in my opinion.
Lizza wrote:Its the chains that put me off buying it.
The chains are attached by d-rings. The ones in the rear can be removed by taking out the screws/nuts, and the front one would have to be cut or bent so that it comes out. Adjustable leather straps might be more suitable, but my husband does like the weight and feel of the chains. Metal, in general, which is how I arrived here hoping to learn more about measuring, drafting, and making metal chastity belts and similar things like bras.