Lockable Chastity Skirt

Build your own chastity belt or modify a bought belt
dashingdarla
Sex: Female

Lockable Chastity Skirt

Post by dashingdarla »

This project is a bit different from the more common belt designs but I'm sharing it anyway since some of you may be interested in the chain work for your own projects or give you other ideas that you may want to pursue.

The goals of this project were as follows:
  1. Enforce chaste of the wearer through a contoured crotch-plate.
  2. Restrict common movements of the wearer, such as sitting down, running, or taking larger steps.
  3. The skirt needs to be non-removable by the wearer.
  4. The skirt needs to be heavy, noisy, and thus a constant reminder they are wearing it.
The first parameter isn't part of this thread because my plannisher needs to be repaired and the part in question is on backorder without a date. Once that's working again, I'll show you how to make a contoured crotch-plate and tie it into the rest of the skirt. I could use a hammer and a shot bag but I'll get a better end result with the plannisher.

The first step is to select and measure your subject thoroughly. You need the narrowest part of the waist, the widest part of the hips, and a point on the subject's thighs that is narrower than his/her hips. You also need the measurements in between, following the contour of their body, as illustrated in this diagram:
measurements.jpg
measurements.jpg (23.99 KiB) Viewed 12678 times
With those measurements, you have to decide what kind of chain to purchase. While visiting Domme-Depot (eeer, Home Depot), I spied several rolls of "jack chain" which has machine-folded links rather than welded links. This would allow me to manipulate the links easily with vice grips, so I purchased a roll of it for $60 plus a pair of cheap-o needle nose vice grips:
20131213_191425.jpg
Here is a close-up of jack-chain. It's made of stiff wire folded into links, with a 90 degree twist to it. While my local Home Depot only carries it nickel plated, it's available from other suppliers in other forms - bare, zinc-plated, painted. If you want to electroplate the finished product with a non-toxic finish, bare would be best.
jackchain.jpg
jackchain.jpg (19.83 KiB) Viewed 12678 times
Once you have the measurements of your subject, it's time to figure out how many links of the chain you purchased to make those dimensions. The jack chain I bought happens to have 0.97" spacing so this was very easy. My male subject given to me on loan (not my husband) has a 32" waist at the narrowest point, 39" hips at the largest/fleshiest part of his derriere, and a 35" thigh circumference. That means with this chain the waist would have 32 links, 39 links, and 35" links respectively. These measurements were taken with tailor's tape and not pulled terribly tight as not to stretch the measuring tape.
20131213_212201.jpg
Ooops, I cut off the waist taking this picture. Sorry about that. Anyway, I didn't like the fit so I removed one link from the waist and relocked it so now the waist is one inch smaller than measuring his waist with measuring tape. It's tight, but not too tight. It won't cut off any circulation or damage internal organs but according to the subject it's slightly unpleasant and that works for me being the sadist that I am :)

This also gave me the opportunity to verify the waist-to-hip vertical as well, using a piece of chain.

The next step is to start making the waist-to-hip part of the skirt. The centerline of the skirt, which lines up vertically with the wearer's navel, is the left edge in this picture. The top link hanging off will have a padlock through it, and the bottom one will be opened, looped over the other end, and closed to form a complete circle.
20131213_212634.jpg
Then, it's just the simple matter of attaching short sections of chains across the waist/hip chains and closing them into place. Since the subject's abdomen is flat, the vertical chains start off evenly spaced like so:
20131213_213228.jpg
Since the left side of the picture will be centered on the subject's body, the same straight verticals need to be on the other end. To keep things symmetrical, I added one vertical on each side back and forth. Once you get towards the middle of the waist and hip chains, you're going to have a large gap on the longer hip chain while the top won't - that's because the subject's hips are larger than their waist. That space can be filled in by staggering the last several chains on the hip chain, or, left completely open as I have done with the intention of hammering out a metal trapazoid to fit into that space. You'll see the triangle opening in a couple of the pictures further down.

Once you go all around, you can close the final chain link of the hips with the pliers, and add the padlock on top. You'll now have a "cone" made out of chain, and you should test-fit what you've made to the subject to make sure you didn't get things totally off kilter. Here's what I've done so far, laying on the floor:
20131214_080633.jpg
The next step is to work on the hip to thigh section, so I started adding vertical chains evenly spaced off the hip chain. The open diamond in the center actually becomes a trapazoid when worn, so please don't be confused by that. That area is where I'll be putting in a piece of metal shaped on my plannisher. You should be able to see the difference in length between the waist chain (bottom of picture) and the hip chain (middle of picture).
20131214_162540.jpg
Last edited by dashingdarla on 16 Dec 2013, 03:35, edited 3 times in total.
dashingdarla

Re: Lockable Chastity Skirt

Post by dashingdarla »

Here I'm starting to attach the thigh chain to the verticals.
20131214_164304.jpg
Here is the completed skirt, laying flat before attaching links to make it a tapered cylinder (a skirt).
20131214_170451.jpg
Once the two outer edges are joined, which lands on centerline of the subject's navel, you'll have a mess that closely resembled this:
20131214_173120.jpg
And finally, here is the male subject wearing the skirt. You can see in the front I missed a vertical chain on the bottom and I've already added that but didn't retake the picture.
20131215_091016.jpg
You can see the taper of the skirt in the last picture - the waist is narrower than the hip chain, and the hip chain is larger than the thigh chain. The reason why the delta doesn't look significant is because most of the larger size required of the hip chain is around his derriere and that's behind him obviously. Even though he has a slender build, his hips are wider than his thigh circumference and as his waist.

I will be adding another layer below the thigh chain that has three-link verticals, and the hem chain below that will be four inches smaller than the thigh chain. That will establish two things: The wearer will not be able to separate his knees very far, and the skirt cannot be pulled up because his tights get larger as they go higher, typical of most humans of either gender.

Once I get my plannisher working again, I'll be hammering out the crotch plate and the back plate and attaching them to the chains using links from the spool and it will be done.

With the waist chain being one link shorter than I measured, and the thigh chain being shorter than the hip chain, there's enough tension on all the chains to keep the lock vertical and upside down without any flopping forward. Locked, the skirt cannot be pulled over his hips and thus cannot be removed, and because the thigh chain is shorter than the hip chain, it cannot be pulled up either. My friend who brought the male subject had him wear the skirt for the rest of the evening and overnight.

Today, if time permits, I'll be adding the final layer on the bottom that is narrower than the thigh chain, to restrict walking movements even more. With the skirt as it is now, the male subject couldn't sit.
virginitysaving

Post by virginitysaving »

What does prevent it from folding up?
dashingdarla

Post by dashingdarla »

Here are the beginnings of the top. I just noticed it's upside down so the chest band is across the top and is fastened behind the subject with the padlock. The big left and right loops are the bra straps, and the odd shapes in the middle are the frame of the bra cups, and the little triangle in the center just makes for slightly better fitting than without. The padlock is keyed the same as the skirt above.
20131220_182132.jpg
20131220_182132.jpg (36.84 KiB) Viewed 12572 times
virginitysaving wrote:What does prevent it from folding up?
The waist and hemline chains are shorter than the hip chain so with the padlock installed, the skirt cannot be pulled down or up past the hips. Of course being jack chain, it can be cut or the links unfolded much in the same way I did to make them.
Pyra Gorgon

Post by Pyra Gorgon »

These would be great to wear if you are scooting across ice...sort of like tire chains, only for your booty! (hey, we have had lots of ice here in MO, so my mind is wandering to such matters...) :D
Chastity...fun to wear...horrible to have as a name!
Kellymac3

Post by Kellymac3 »

Hey P, you 're gonna be so locked up so with Mr Tobbes belt, you won't be thinking ice skating dear lady ;-p
K
dashingdarla

Post by dashingdarla »

Pyra Gorgon wrote:These would be great to wear if you are scooting across ice...sort of like tire chains, only for your booty! (hey, we have had lots of ice here in MO, so my mind is wandering to such matters...) :D
It does have a tire-chain quality to it heh-heh.

It's also heavy and loud too. clang-clang-clang. At least the wearing cannot escape from the skirt or the room!
carg85
Sex: Male

Post by carg85 »

What a wonderful construction. Any progress since December?
I didn't quite get your ideas on the top: are you planning to add cups or is it meant over clothes? And will it be connected to the skirt part?

And with the skirt - did you consider adding a chain between the legs on the thigh chain? I know it is not quite a skirt then anymore, but it makes it safer against lifting it up. Or is it supposed to be wearable over a skirt or dress?
dashingdarla

Post by dashingdarla »

carg85 wrote:What a wonderful construction. Any progress since December?
Yes, the bra now has chains that form an approximation of cups and thus, that two-piece project is now complete. It was intended to be a prototype. Because the band, waist, hip and hem circumferences were made to match the wearer's body specifically, once locked they can't ride up, pulled down, or removed once the padlocks are in place. The wearer's skeleton is in the way.

We're about to start on a second outfit, but this will be a full dress made very much the same way, except the closure to the skirt part will be in the back matching the bra, this way it closes top to bottom behind the wearer's back. This will be more complicated because the chain dress I'll be making will be encased in a heavy satin normally used for upholstery, thus it will be an actual dress in appearance, with the clinking and squeaking of chain inside. This makes the closure up the wearer's back far more complicated, and that hasn't been fully worked out yet.

We'll be using uncoated mild steel jack chain for this, and once everything is test fit to our liking, we'll be having the chain dress hot-dipped to prevent rust and then it will be encased in the heavy satin and the closure mechanism, whatever that turns out to be, added.

The goal is for the chains to not be seen at all, but heard by everyone and the weight felt by the wearer. This will probably be a 20-22lb dress, which is what my friend wants for her submissive.
carg85
Sex: Male

Post by carg85 »

Wow, I'd both be thrilled and scared of such a full metal dress ;)
Hopefully you will keep us up to date with any progress.

Would you be willing to post pictures of the finished prototype; at least the finished bra?

The dress sounds like a major project. I hope for the wearer you'll not be using a single chain over the shoulders to bear all that weight :?
For the closure my first thought would be a chain that pulls the metal inner part together like the laces of a corset - that way you can also compensate for small variations in girth. It might also have just enough give to allow the lungs to expand a bit for breathing. The top part could just zip over that.