Neosteel: First experience not good so far

Review your chastity belt!
VeryFriendly
Sex: Female

Re: Neosteel: First experience not good so far

Post by VeryFriendly »

I'm sorry GotSteel, that was wrong of me to be that rude to you... I am just riled by this.
VeryFriendly

Post by VeryFriendly »

Reinhold has now flipped his lid with me as he considers threatening to post my order details plus what I actually got on the internet as blackmail.

As he's challenging me to also post my threat of 'blackmail', here goes - last two emails between us. I will say that I am not aware that he is trying to be constructive about this as he just keeps claiming my measurements are wrong:
From me:

"Hi Reinhold,

I am sorry but I am well aware that I am not the only person that this has happened to.

I do know that I took the measurements correctly because I did them twice a week apart and crosschecked the results.

Even taking into account what you are saying, there is still a 12cm shortfall in the measurement we are talking about, and that is nothing near the difference made by the dip in the waistband.

Perhaps you would like to consider how much lost trade you will have wehn I post a copy of my order and the actual belt on the internet to show what I ordered and what I got.

I would ask you to reconsider."
VeryFriendly

Post by VeryFriendly »

Reply:

"Dear xxxxx

thank you very much for your e-mail of March 06, 2015.

>I am sorry but I am well aware that I am not the only person that this has happened to.

You can perhaps imagine that there are more customers where the chastity belt does not fit on the first step for they have not taken the measurements correctly. But this is less than 5% of our customers worldwide if they used the CB Measuring Kit. Without the CB Measuring Kit it is about 25% - the CB Measuring Kit is worth any penny. The procedure is then that we assist the customer to find out about the correct measurements and offer the redesign for a fair dealing price.

>I do know that I took the measurements correctly because I did them twice a week apart >and crosschecked the results.

The difference to the above mentioned customers is that you are not willing at all to accept my help to find out your correct measurements for the redesign now. So you do not answer my questions, you do not follow my advice to check the measurements and you do not explain in detail where the problem with the locking system is.
>Even taking into account what you are saying, there is still a 12cm shortfall in the >measurement we are talking about, and that is nothing near the difference made by the dip >in the waistband.

From your earlier e-mails and your statement above where you tell me that the CB you got has to be 12 cm longer to fit proofs that you obviously have not taken your measurements (Measures 3, 4, 5 and 6) correctly – but much too short through the step.

As long as I do not get your correct measurements I do not know what to change at your existing CB in regard to the redesign and the costs for this.

>Perhaps you would like to consider how much lost trade you will have wehn I post a copy of >my order and the actual belt on the internet to show what I ordered and what I got.
>I would ask you to reconsider.

Well, if you want to publish our conversation then I am not in the position and far from to prevent you from this. But then I expect that you publish our complete conversation – also your last e-mail where you attempted a blackmail against Neosteel.

If you ask me: Instead of blackmailing Neosteel I would recommend that you finally start with answering my questions and following my advice to get the correct measurements for the redesign."
gotsteel
Sex: Male

Post by gotsteel »

VeryFriendly wrote:I do understand what you mean, what I don't understand is the relevance.
The reason it's relevant is that you can't simply measure the crotch and say see this isn't 60 because it should NOT be 60, none of us are expecting it to be 60 so showing us/the manufacturer that it isn't 60 doesn't get you anywhere.

VeryFriendly wrote: The difference made by the waistband of the CB being lower at the front and rear is not enough to make up for the difference in length of the through the crotch measurement.
This is what you need to demonstrate!!!

Your super zoomed in pics on fetlife don't do it.

You'd need to do something like line the measuring kit up with the high point on the cb's waist and measure 60 around the outside of the cb. If you could get a picture of that which showed there to be a visible difference between the cb and your measurement THEN you'd be able to make a strong case.
Kellymac3

Post by Kellymac3 »

Ok. Can I Just interject here. I'm being the grown up in the room. Yes time out for everyone....

The belt manufacturers want to please us. It's a very limited market after all ;-)
They don't want bad Beltedgirls, Fetlife references about their belts. The manufacturers read these sites; this is where their customers are and come from..

I feel that we, the belted, prospective customers and manufacturers need to work together.
Something is going awry with the measuring, algorithm. I am more than willing to work with the manufacturers to resolve this issue. Why? Because I want lots of girls happily belted and no stress for the manufacturers,

So belt manufacturers, you busy bees;-). I, others here, will try and help you figure this out. Can we work this out?! Please.

K
fitherin

Post by fitherin »

I agree with you [K] on this.
Measuring is difficult to get right this is understood ! even when done by TWO people
The person being measured and a patient assistant.
Measuring your self is far more difficult as you need to stand perfectly still and take measurements without bending forwards to read results. Day 1
Then you need to stand perfectly still and take measurements without bending forwards with waist belt IN EXACTLY the same place to read results. Day 2
I have seen and used a Neo measure kit when I was looking at M belts so I undersand it is a very clever and accurate tool. [ I did not order a belt due to personal reasons at that time]
Perhaps as K suggested everyone counts to ten and starts looking at a proactive way to resolve this there will be a lot more happy wearers and happy belt makers.

VF have you got a trusted friend who can help you get re measured
Good luck everyone, lifes to short to be miserable.
S
msknight

Post by msknight »

I'm typingon a mobile pad here, but the one thing that struck me as very positive about the fetish ironworks measuring kit and design was the places of adjudtment in the design made it very friendly. perhaps it is time that the actual belt design was revisited?

the front shield being on a ratchet allowedmeto alter it to my body very easily and the measuring kit was easy to use and straightforward to measure with.

perhaps it is time to radically take belt design forward? more when i get to a decent keyboard tonight but if you go to the realbondage.co.uk web site, then in the experienced section is the chastity writingsand pictures?i have so far taken.
msknight

Post by msknight »

Fortunately, I found a corner to type in.

I have been quiet to date. Some might think uncharacteristically quiet. That's because I've talked with manufacturers and some have shared their plans with me. I even have internal diagrams and pictures of some assembleys ... and I can't bring any of that news to people without breaching confidence ... which I'm not going to do, even in PM, so don't ask me.

However, what I will say, is that things are changing. If you thought that chastity belt design couldn't be improved, I'm happy to say that you're wrong. All manufacturers that I've talked with, are continuing to make improvements to their designs. Among the already known improvements, the My-Steel bra featured a new lock and the NeoSteel belt was a lighter band design.

The existing designs are not customer friendly because they adjust in the wrong places. One of the wonderful things I found in the Fetish Ironworks belt, for example, was that the shield was on a ratchet so that I could control how much pressure it put against my body.

The Fetish Ironworks design allowed me to easily print and build a measurement kit which gave me, "numbers," to report back. They've got a measurement video on their channel; very much worth looking at. Simple to print, simple to build and use, and didn't require a, "kit," to be ordered. A printer, a cereal packet, some string and paper clasps. (and some hours faffing around with some scissors and paper glue.)

The classic manufacturers can not afford to sit still on their designs. There are new companies coming in, who are being bolder and more agile in their designs. One of the other things about Fetish Ironworks was that they were willing to entertain my feedback and try things with their product; and no I'm not sucking up to them in light of the CB not received yet ... it is a fact that I've stated, and been grateful for, since day one.

As in any commercial arena, there is now competition and advancement from providers new and old alike. No one can afford to sit on their laurels.
There is no, "one best," belt. That is one thing I've learned over the last six months. I was hoping to have firmer results to report ... I was hoping to build a simple comparison chart ... but I now know that it's not that easy. Each belt ... and its manufacturer ... have their strengths and weaknesses.

But one thing is for sure ... everyone needs to be working towards a measuring system and belt design which gets it right ... first time ... every time. Fetish Ironworks ... so far ... in my limited experience ... is the leader in this; because their belt design and measuring kit is so easy for a single person to use. OK, I could have done with a third hand, but an office stapler helped!

The winner, at the moment, will be a reliable manufacturer that cracks this problem. Unfortunately, for us customers, the only thing we can do is sit and wait.
Kellymac3

Post by Kellymac3 »

Thank you MSKnight!
I can tell folks that Tollyboy are redesigning too. I cannot divulge the information. Belt manufacturers, new and established, are trying to improve their designs. That gives me hope for the future.
Maybe we should start a new thread about what we like, dislike about our current belts. The pros and cons. Simple facts. As I typed previously, the manufacturers read BG. So our feedback is crucial to them....
gotsteel

Post by gotsteel »

fitherin wrote:I agree with you [K] on this.
Measuring is difficult to get right this is understood ! even when done by TWO people
The person being measured and a patient assistant.
Measuring your self is far more difficult as you need to stand perfectly still and take measurements without bending forwards to read results.
I can comment that I tried measuring my girl before getting the cb pictured in my avatar and the measurements it ended up needing to be were not the same ones I'd recorded, I'm actually kind of surprised that anybody gets it right. I'm certainly dumbfounded by these numbers:

"You can perhaps imagine that there are more customers where the chastity belt does not fit on the first step for they have not taken the measurements correctly. But this is less than 5% of our customers worldwide if they used the CB Measuring Kit. Without the CB Measuring Kit it is about 25% - the CB Measuring Kit is worth any penny."