extending the back 'string'

Build your own chastity belt or modify a bought belt
Sophie74
Sex: Female

extending the back 'string'

Post by Sophie74 »

So trying to adjust mine to fit and i think i need a longer 'string' at the back so everything sits in the right anatomical place.

Im UK based any ideas on shops i can buy silicon from? its not the wire thats really an issue as i think that can be replaced easily and soldered/ welded on but the silicon coating it i wouldn't have a clue where to shop for something

thank in advance

Soph
molly

Re: extending the back 'string'

Post by molly »

Sophie74 wrote:Im UK based any ideas on shops i can buy silicon from? its not the wire thats really an issue as i think that can be replaced easily and soldered/ welded on but the silicon coating it i wouldn't have a clue where to shop for something
Hello Sophie,

There are many suppliers of silicone-coated stainless wire for it's used in the medical, aerospace and automotive industries. Maybe you can find a distributor in England that stocks it at an affordable price in small quantities? Here in the US we have Digi-Key, Mouser, Aircraft Spruce and several others.

One of my former Chinese belts had a PVC coated back wire that cracked then split right where my tailbone is and that was most unpleasant. My husband replaced that with an ignition wire for a car. It was a thicker wire which I personally found to be more comfortable. OEM quality ignition wires come in black, and fancier racing wires add all sorts of neon colors to choose from.

I'm surprised you'd have to solder or weld in a new wire. Mine was held in by two crimps, covered with silicone tubing. The attachment point on the waist belt was a removable bracket and the other attachment point was a built-in crimp that was part of the crotch strap located just after the anal ring. Maybe there was a design change somewhere in the last six or seven years?
backwire.jpg
backwire.jpg (31.13 KiB) Viewed 14946 times
Sophie74

Post by Sophie74 »

molly wrote: One of my former Chinese belts had a PVC coated back wire that cracked then split right where my tailbone is and that was most unpleasant. My husband replaced that with an ignition wire for a car. It was a thicker wire which I personally found to be more comfortable. OEM quality ignition wires come in black, and fancier racing wires add all sorts of neon colors to choose from.
Thanks again Molly for you lovely and helpful advice :)

I have the same fittings that you have shown, i haven't taken the silicon off to investigate so im guessing I will be able to do like you did. Im not the most practicle person so trying not to take things apart before i have a solution and inadvertently break it lol

at the end of the day although these belts are cheap they still cost a pretty penny :)
fitherin
Sex: Male

Post by fitherin »

Heat shink tubing is available on ebay from this UK seller in Swindon seeitem number
eBay item number:
Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.

Also Lateral thinking head on, Heavy duty steel cable used as inner cable on motor bikes as per Item
eBay item number:
Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.

If you can UN CRIMP short cable and re crimp new longer cable all well and good, However CUTTING MULTI STRAND cable neatly will be a challenge. Then add sleeving is easy slide outer into place and apply even heat all along new tubing from a hair drier perhaps. I have only used short lengths of this tubing in AUTO related jobs and a small gas powered lighter or even a match is enough to cause tube to shrink, Maybe a visit to You tube Where you will be able to find a HOW TO DO Tutorial
S
Sophie74

Post by Sophie74 »

fitherin wrote:If you can UN CRIMP short cable and re crimp new longer cable all well and good, However CUTTING MULTI STRAND cable neatly will be a challenge. Then add sleeving is easy slide outer into place and apply even heat all along new tubing from a hair drier perhaps. I have only used short lengths of this tubing in AUTO related jobs and a small gas powered lighter or even a match is enough to cause tube to shrink, Maybe a visit to You tube Where you will be able to find a HOW TO DO Tutorial
S
Thanks

I'll get my friend with a much more practical head than me to have a look :)

I wouldn't have had a clue where to start to previous experience from people is more than welcome
molly

Post by molly »

fitherin wrote:However CUTTING MULTI STRAND cable neatly will be a challenge.
I asked my husband about this and he said what they do at work is wrap the spot to be cut with electrical tape then cut through the center of the tape, then peel it off.
Sophie74 wrote:Thanks again Molly for you lovely and helpful advice :)
You are most welcome.

Here is a picture if an ignition wire (from the internet) with all the layers:

What my husband did was clever. He sliced the end of the silicone lengthwise about 3/4 of an inch, then rolled it back on itself exposing the fiberglass braiding surrounding the other layers. He then trimmed all those other layers to 1/2". Then, he smeared a little PL Premium epoxy around the fiberglass braiding with his finger, inserted it into the crimp, squashed them with pliers, then rolled the silicone down over the whole thing.

If I described that well enough, the outer silicone layer ended up being 1/4" longer than the inside layers that were in the crimp. This allowed the silicone to cover the crimp entirely at both ends with a little extra left over for good measure. The lengthwise slice he made with an x-acto knife was filled in with a small smear of more PL Premium epoxy.

Being married to an engineer is most convenient :)
John R Starvele

Post by John R Starvele »

I may be late in answering you.

The simplest solution is usually the best. Some engineers tend to make things way to complex when it doesn't have to be.

What you probably need will be found in a Hardware store. In the US, it would be Ace or Home Depot. I would start with braided plastic coated cable used for clothesline or dog runs and garage doors. It probably what the manufacture use in making the belt anyway. Then try automotive part such a throttle cables for lawnmowers then move to automotive push pull cables for other applications.

Most ignition wires have a carbon center for RF noise suppression that is not that strong compared to metal centered wires so check.

When it comes to cutting the cable it has to sheared with confining shears. Cutting pliers that jaws are curved inward at the outside ends or a guillotine system that is struck with a hammer. Tapping is beneficial in holding things together.
Sophie74

Post by Sophie74 »

Thanks all - I haven't started modifying yet so all advice is welcome and helpful :)
fitherin

Post by fitherin »

Silly question, Have you mailed the company you bought your wonderful belt from to see if they sell replacement parts for belts? :o If they do then buy a longer wire. Of course if you re uncertain of the exact length then buy a lot longer than you need. Must be easier to shorten a wire than trying to extend one :D

Steve
Sophie74

Post by Sophie74 »

fitherin wrote:Silly question, Have you mailed the company you bought your wonderful belt from to see if they sell replacement parts for belts? :o If they do then buy a longer wire. Of course if you re uncertain of the exact length then buy a lot longer than you need. Must be easier to shorten a wire than trying to extend one :D

Steve
Urmm no i hadnt thought of the obvious lol

Its a china order i got off of ebay (my first ever ebay purchase) took an age to arrive and wouldn't have a clue how to even contact them

braided plastic coated cable sounds like a sensible and cheap option to get the right length will explore that route first i think - especially as there is a B&Q a 5 minute cycle from my house :)