Different, "lock"

Build your own chastity belt or modify a bought belt
fitherin
Sex: Male

Re: Different, "lock"

Post by fitherin »

You are both "sparking" ideas of each other. If any one else has any ideas I am sure that they will jump right in and add it to the "thought" process. Between you 3 Molly, Hubby and Michelle I am sure that you will end up with at least a development model of a new loking system quite soon, :D

Interested Watcher!

S
molly
Sex: Female

Post by molly »

msknight wrote:Right now I'm just hacking flint :-D
I've had days like that!
Greatcornbow

Post by Greatcornbow »

I wonder if perhaps you could dispense with the locks entirely and instead use security screws.

Something like key-rex used for vanilla security.

http://www.brycefastener.com/files/key-rex7-16-12.pdf

And could be locked front, back, and wherever. Much neater and practically unpickable.
molly

Post by molly »

I see no reason why not. If the belt is thick enough there might be enough "meat" to tap and hold threads well.
Greatcornbow

Post by Greatcornbow »

molly wrote:I see no reason why not. If the belt is thick enough there might be enough "meat" to tap and hold threads well.
Just what I thought. And there's a whole range of screw sizes so plenty of choice in getting the right one. And especially if the business screws are at the back, then even with the key you've still a job getting out...... :D :ugeek: :D
molly

Post by molly »

msknight wrote:It's made me want to take apart the lock on a briefcase ... you know, the programmable ones where if you flip the lever in the opposite direction when open, then you can change the code.
I googled for various forms of "briefcase lock disassembled" and got nada. I'd be very curious how they work. Might be too thick for a chastity belt but maybe the idea could be turned over so it's flat by having the dials next to each other kind of like we started to go back and forth on earlier.
mcswitchy
Sex: Belted Man

Post by mcswitchy »

Hi All,

I have been exploring a new lock concept. My goal with the design is a lock that is small enough to be integrated into a belt or even tube device, and that can be locked without the key.

In the attached images, the white portion is made of nylon or a similar plastic with "living-hinge" qualities (bends nicely). Piercing barbell jewelry could be used as the locking pins+spheres, or they could custom-made. The rest is basically a metal box without a lid - I imagine the belt / tube itself would form the lid. The screw is intended to be a security screw, a la steelwerks or lori. It is trapped in the metal box and can be turned freely - the tubes don't have threads. Only the white plastic piece is threaded.

When the security screw has been fully tightened, the white portion is pulled tightly against the "bottom" of the container. The plastic arms can bend inwards to allow the pins to be depressed, but pushes them back out. The screw keeps the entire plastic piece from sliding upwards.

When the screw is "unscrewed", it remains trapped in the metal container and drives the plastic piece towards the top, to the unlocked position, drawing the pins fully inwards.

There are still lots of details to be worked out but this is the basic idea behind the lock mechanism. I imagine that it would be secured to one part of the belt, and the other part of the belt would have two rails with lateral holes in them that slide past and then engage the locking pins. I'll try to post an image of the complete system soon. I am going to prototype it with some simple 3d printing.

The current dimensions of the lock are something like 1x2x3 cm, but I think it can be made somewhat smaller.

Locked:
camlock-locked
camlock-locked
Unlocked:
camlock-unlocked
camlock-unlocked
Wendy
Sex: Belted Girl

Post by Wendy »

Sounds interesting! but how do you lock this and with what?
Retired chastity expert. You can find advice for newbies on my blog: https://wendywarrior-battlefield.blogsp ... dvice.html
mcswitchy
Sex: Belted Man

Post by mcswitchy »

I haven't made a mockup showing how it connects to a belt / device yet, so I can just try to explain it more clearly.

Basically, if the pins are pushed into the device, they will spring back out again. The screw provides a way of pulling them back inside.

Imagine how those plastic buckles on backpacks work - this would be a little like that. The locking mechanism could be installed in the waistband of the belt. The other side of the waistband would slide over the lock, pushing the pins into the lock. At this point, it could slide back off. If pushed further, the pins spring back out into matching holes, locking the belt.

I'm looking forward to comments. In the meantime I will work on some mockups.

Main goals with this design:

- be able to lock belt without key
- more secure than exposed security screws alone (always thought it would be easy to defeat one of these by making a wax or plastic casting of the exposed "security" surface of the screw).
Wendy
Sex: Belted Girl

Post by Wendy »

OK, I understood a bit better =^.^=
Purrsonally I'm not confident in screws systems, I prefer padlocks.

It looks like the same kind of system like doors bolts. With a 3rd pin you must be able to push the locking pins. I mean: the 3rd pin pushes the screw and spread the locking pins. Once this 3rd pin is pushed, it's in the device and can't be pulled (except by destroying the lock). When you move the screw to unlock the system, the 3rd pin gets out while the locking pins get in (and unlock the system).
And instead of the screw, you can put a keyhole with a long (but narrow) panettone: this panettone will push the white part to unlock the system. The screw is replaced by a classic (non-threaded) rod.
Retired chastity expert. You can find advice for newbies on my blog: https://wendywarrior-battlefield.blogsp ... dvice.html