COVID-19 coronavirus

A place for everything else, including off topic discussions.
Tobbe
Sex: Male

Re: COVID-19 coronavirus

Post by Tobbe »

how is everyone else ?? Me, relatives and my friends feel fine.
how's your weather ? Sun and no rain this week. But Midsummer at Friday and maybe rain. Allways rain that day! :D
Every woman should wear chastity belt!
90% of women have never heard of it,
90% of all women who hear about it will find the idea good,
90% of all women who have tried it are enthusiastic.
There remains a lot of work
Anthony6969

Post by Anthony6969 »

Hi Tobbe , thanks for checking in.
nice to know you and yours are well.

80 degrees Farrenheit in my apartment right now...supposed to be 89 on Friday.
time to hook up the air conditioner :)
formerly Anthony 679
Anthony6969

Post by Anthony6969 »

still alive and kicking , here.

weather is still hotter than usual but not as bad as it was.
formerly Anthony 679
John R Starvele

Post by John R Starvele »

All is well here in lovely green cool Arizona (brown veg 116 degrees) with forest fires everywhere.

Doug Ducey did a shelter in place order however you could go out for essential items. Exercise (unless in a gym), walking dogs are essential. No one check if your travel was for essential business so highways remained as crowed as usual. I have made several trips to my summer cabin. All essential business remained open: Gas stations, Hardware, Home Depot, Grocery. For me it made little difference in my life except my dentist deem his cleaning as non essential.

The latest Covid-19 development Doug handed off to the city mayors the decision about masks. So depending on what city you are depends on whether you have to wear a mask in store.

As far as I am concerned I know no one who has contracted Covid-19 and for all I know it could be a governmental hoax to prevent Trump from holding rallies and ruin his economy
Tobbe

Post by Tobbe »

I understand, it can get worse with mask, unless you are an experienced user.
Greater risk of moving your hands over your face to adjust the mask.
Every woman should wear chastity belt!
90% of women have never heard of it,
90% of all women who hear about it will find the idea good,
90% of all women who have tried it are enthusiastic.
There remains a lot of work
Anthony6969

Post by Anthony6969 »

I've been wearing a mask since April
so I have practice in putting my mask on and adjusting it , then just leave it alone.
and I recommend a mask with elastic ear loops
formerly Anthony 679
Robert Pinkerton

Post by Robert Pinkerton »

I believe I caught the leading bleeding forward edge of our plague in early February, on top of asthma and age (seventy-five). Although I was "sick as a dog" for a month, I survived without after-effects.

I believe the current plague panic is perhaps two per-cent substance, but ninety-eight per-cent scare propaganda - hyperbole. None the less, while I believe that I am "clean," I cannot be 100% air-tight certain of that; so I wear a hospital mask in public simply as a courtesy to strangers..
fitherin

Post by fitherin »

Hello all

Still here and still taking precautions. Been wearing my mask when ventureing to shopping malls. Example of a large hardware out let i visited to get tiling supplies .
1/ Joined the Que of about 20 people all standing a metre apart,
2/ About 1 in 4 wearing face masks?
3/ Finally the Que moved and in 2 seconds the whole q had entered the store
4/Shopping trolleys stacked by the door way
5/ 3 metres further into store where the marked out lanes started was a SINGLE table. 1 dispenser of hand sanitizer and a small pump spray to clean your trolley using roll of paper to clean your shopping trolley or single basket that you had already touched and carried/ pushed the 3 metres from the door way. NO SHOP assistant checking ?
6/ Wife and I cleaned our basket soaked our hands then with sanitizer disposed of used paper roll in waste bin
7/ While we we taking care OF OUR SELVES at least 5 people walked straight past and on wards in to store.No masks no social distancing?
8/ We completed our PLANNED shop in record time , Surprisingly the check out system was regulated and quick
So here I am a week later and no symptoms.
Will avoid using that store any time soon [nationwide coverage poor local service]

Hope that you and yours are keeping well and keeping your distance when you are out and about, Fitherin
Anthony6969

Post by Anthony6969 »

my thanks to Robert and fitherin for 'checking in'
sorry to read that Robert got sick ,but I am glad you survived with no lingering after-effects :thumbsup:

some places are more strict in enforcing anti-virus procedures and others are not.
and some people think there is no virus.....and still think the Earth is flat.

I encourage ALL people to do as much as they can to stop the spread of the virus and from becoming infected themselves.
wearing a mask when around other people helps protect them ,too
formerly Anthony 679
Robert Pinkerton

Post by Robert Pinkerton »

https://www.city-journal.org/press-coverage-of-covid-19

Chronicling a kakaphony of contradictory clashing claims. Takeaway? Be like Kipling's If and do not panic.