Measuring and Pattern Making a Female Style Chastity Belt

Build your own chastity belt or modify a bought belt
Pyra Gorgon
Sex: Female

Measuring and Pattern Making a Female Style Chastity Belt

Post by Pyra Gorgon »

TUTORIAL on Measuring and Pattern Making a Female Chastity Belt

MEASURING YOUR BODY

This first part of this tutorial is a thorough "step-by-step" guide to getting correct measurements of your body.
The second part of this tutorial is a comprehensive guide "How-to" in making a pattern for your female chastity belt.

(NOTE: Many techniques can be used to create a MALE chastity belt, however, male anatomy and body shape are different and will require a different understanding of how to make your pattern. This tutorial is female chastity belt specific, please keep that in mind.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This space left intentionally blank. I will start the tutorial in a bit, but wanted to create a placeholder for this topic...and to jog my memory with, "Heya, ya dumb Gorgon, ain't you supposed to be getting this topic done, or what?"

PLEASE DO NOT POST TO THIS THREAD. IT IS A TUTORIAL
Chastity...fun to wear...horrible to have as a name!
Pyra Gorgon

Re: Measuring and Pattern Making a Female Style Chastity Be

Post by Pyra Gorgon »

TOOLS NEEDED

Cloth measuring tape. (get one with metric, metric is closer and easier to calculate your pattern. Time to learn metric!)
Pencil, pens-red, black, french curve template, compass, straight edge and 1 meter hard ruler, large eraser
White 3' x 3' cardstock
Quality scissors for cutting out cardstock
Rotary cutter and cutting mat or some other cutting surface
Home made large calipers for transferring dimensions to ruler
Pyra Gorgon

Post by Pyra Gorgon »

Before we start, I suggest reading these threads so that the information is fresh in your mind, and also so that when I describe certain things, or go into explanation about some concept regarding the chastity belt, you are familiar with that.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=112 (Chastity belt terms & lingo)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=129 (Customizing Chinese solid rear strap)

Making a pattern for a chastity belt is not really all that hard. Making a chastity belt pattern that is COMFORTABLE and fulfills the concepts YOU think a chastity belt ought to fulfill, is a bit more tricky.

Before making a chastity belt pattern, you need to ask yourself these questions:

1. How long do I intend on wearing this thing non-stop? (be honest with yourself, set aside chastity fantasies and work with reality here)
2. How secure do I need this chastity belt to be? (meaning: how hard am I going to try and defeat this belt once I am in it for a bit and get my first horny episode)
3. How hidden do I want my chastity to be? (meaning: do I want to wear slinky clothing and still keep the belt hidden, or do I care if others see me in a chastity belt?)
4. How much am I prepared to spend on this chastity belt? (thinner metal is cheaper, exotic materials cost more, using machine shop services costs $$$ too!)
5. How durable do I need this chastity belt to be? (meaning: what environments am I going to be wearing this in? hot tubs with bath salts and very humid & hot to cold & dry quickly will affect chastity belt materials, especially liners and glue)
6. How much discomfort and breaking in of my body am I prepared to endure? (chastity belts are no different than corsets in this regard: they both will alter your body after time of wearing them, doubly so the tighter they are)
7. How much extra hygiene issues will I have with this belt?
Now as for me and how I answered these questions (which will help offer perspective to YOU on my instructions) is:
1. I intend for the belt I create to withstand at least 5 years of wearing (usable life expectancy) with non-stop wearing durations of between 2-5 days, and "out" times of a few hours for cleaning. I intend to not have to perform maintenance on the belt for at least one year.
2. I need my belt to defeat all attempts by me of picking the lock with conventional locksmith tools (no specialty tooling), my belt needs to withstand attack by common hand tools commonly obtained from local hardware stores, and my belt needs to withstand ad hoc attacks from cordless power tools. My belt needs to be constructed in such a way that I KNOW if I attempt to defeat the belt using certain tooling that I run the risk of bodily injury in the process, thus eliminating my desire to attempt it.

I also do not need my belt to prevent me from touching my vulva with a finger. I do need my belt to prevent any pleasurable form of inserting anything into my vagina such as a man's penis, a vibrator or a dildo or a electro egg or some such toys. I need the belt to be tight enough that while I can touch my clit, the ability to manipulate and rub it is limited and of no real value. I need the belt to not be so secure I cannot touch myself at all because I still need to perform hygiene while in belt...
3. I need my belt to be discreet, but I do not wear super slinky clothing, and if I did, I expect the waistband or a front shield auxiliary lock to telegraph through my attire.
4. I cannot afford to spend more than $200 on this project, and less is even better!
5. I need my belt to be super durable because I am very active and do not want to be limited by the belt.
6. I am prepared to suffer tightness and some chafing, however, I absolutely REFUSE to accept ANY pinching or blistering. HARD LIMIT. Past that, I'll endure a tight ass belt that cuts down on how much I can eat.
7. I need access in some way behind the front shield to get a douche nozzle inside me, I need to be able to get behind there with a washrag or a shower scrunchie and body wash. I refuse to feel funky or stink for the sake of chastity or security. HARD LIMIT. I would rather forgo some security for sake of hygiene.

Now, the answers to those questions are very critical because it will determine how I proceed with making my pattern. Just remember, there is a trade-off between "security" and hygiene. The tighter and more "impossible to touch" yourself you are, same goes for the ability to touch yourself to clean yourself. To date, there is no effective method of preventing 100% touching of your vulva and still having ability to clean yourself adequately while belted for any length of time. The more secure the belt is in preventing ANY touching of your vulva, the more frequently you will have to remove the belt in order to clean yourself. That is just the way it is.

So, the first step in making your chastity belt pattern is writing down YOUR answers to these questions. Yes, write them down. Think reasonably. Abandon ALL chastity fantasies. Seriously. If you have this notion of permanent 100% chastity orgasm denial never-be-able-to-touch-yourself-ever-again, then go away. You are not ready to seriously approach wearing a full steel chastity belt and having a happy and productive life while wearing it. You will hurt yourself, get septicemia, or get some psychological problem.

Next step is MEASURING YOURSELF ( I could have sworn I've done this one before...ah well, let's go through it again!)
Pyra Gorgon

Post by Pyra Gorgon »

MEASURING RULES!!!
1. BE CONSISTENT
2. Always measure off the bottom edge of your control line belt
3. Always measure to the CENTER of your holes and center onto any bumps, such as hips and tailbones.
4. Take at least 7 sets of measurements, each set separated by at least 48 hours. ( a 'set' is all your measurements, not just one)

MEASUREMENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE (off your Control line Belt described below...)
1. WAIST: normal (measure your waist at your natural waistline)
2. WAIST: controlled (measure your waist at your natural waistline, but suck in your belly and pull the cloth tape as TIGHT as you can suffer it.)
3. CENTER FRONT TO TOP OF SLIT (the very tip top part of your vulva, above your clitoris)
4. CENTER FRONT TO VAGINA (to center of your vagina. use a small dildo or some other insertable that you can measure to the center of and is long enough that there is no oblique angling to whatever you measure to)
5. CENTER FRONT TO BOTTOM OF LABIA (this is the point that is the start of your perineum, or taint. very important)
6. CENTER FRONT TO ANUS (again, use something to insert and measure to center of that for exact placement)
7. CENTER FRONT DOWN AND AROUND UP TO CENTER REAR (critical measurement!!! this determines total length of your crotch strap of the belt!!!)

These are the only measurements you need in order to make a traditional florentine style chastity belt or a solid rear strap chastity belt with a straight waistband.

IF YOU WANT AN ERGONOMIC WAISTBAND, A HIPBAND STYLE, or a 3-D SUPER ERGONOMIC STYLE WAISTBAND, then you need more measurements. Continuing on...
YOU MUST FIRST PLACE A SECURABLE BELT AT YOU NORMAL WAISTLINE THAT IS ONE HALF THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOUR CONTROLLED AND NORMAL WAIST MEASUREMENTS BEFORE CONTINUING.

First, subtract your controlled waist measurement from your normal one. Divide that amount by 0.5. Subtract that amount from your normal waist measurement and place a hole in a leather belt, or some other belting material that can be secured around your waist and not move.

This secured belt is your CONTROL LINE measurement point. It needs to be level on your body while you stand erect and normally. Do not poke your butt out, or play tin soldier and suck your belly and push your chest out while standing. Just stand normally and look and make sure the control line belt is level and not skewed up or down over either hip or from side view.

Now that you are wearing your control line belt...
8. HIP CIRCUMFERENCE: Feet together, stand erect, measure over fullest part of your hips and ass.
9. CENTER FRONT to CENTER OF HIP BONE (feel where your hip bone sticks out the most, measure to that point)
10. CENTER FRONT TO TOP EDGE OF PELVIS BONE (palpate HARD around the top of your mons venus to find the top edge of your pelvis bone, using thumb, roll up and down until you can approximate where it sits, then use a sharpie pen and place a mark. measure to that point. use rubbing alcohol to remove sharpie pen ink.)
11. CENTER REAR TO CENTER OF TAILBONE: (measure down directly down center of your butt crack to the point of your tailbone that sticks out the most. You need to bend at the waist to a 45 degree angle so that your tailbone protrudes. Measure to that hump)
12. CENTER REAR to TOP OF BUTTOCKS: (top of your butt crack. easy enough)

TO MAKE A CONVEX VULVA FRONT SHIELD, YOU ALSO NEED TO PERFORM THESE MEASUREMENTS...
13. CENTER FRONT TO GROIN TENDON: (while wearing your control line belt, sit down on a hard chair, back erect, legs separated at a 45 degree angle. Measure straight down about an inch or two to the side of CENTER FRONT straight down to where your groin tendon is. This tendon is the one that connects your leg to the hip joint on the inside. THIS IS CRITICAL FOR COMFORTABLE FRONT SHIELD SWELL. YOU MUST GET THIS RIGHT.)
14. ACROSS VULVA: (measure horizontally across your vulva while sitting and legs lightly together. You will measure THROUGH the point that is your clitoris over to your groin leg joint line, you know...where your panty line normally sits)
15. DISTANCE ACROSS PERINEUM: (legs shoulder width apart, measure across your perineum, lightly indenting your flesh.

And lastly, the "secret" measurement that will make your chastity belt fit wonderfully in the rear seat portion....

Wet your naked ass with a wash rag, then sit down on a piece of brown paper bag that you cut to lay out flat. Lower yourself down onto it, then get up quickly. Measure the distance between the crescent wet spots. Those two wet points are the leg-to-pelvis-butt bone (i dunno what the anatomy terminology of this is called medically). Anyways, this measurement is the WIDEST you can handle for an anus ring on a solid rear strap model and prevent your butt cheeks from getting pinched every time you sit down!!!

NOW THAT YOU HAVE ALL THOSE FANCY MEASUREMENTS, it is time to start making your pattern!!!

(NEXT UP: Transferring measurements onto pattern card stock: HOW TO!!! Photos and step-by-step will be provided)
Pyra Gorgon

Post by Pyra Gorgon »